Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! Join a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
The Infrastructure team is critical to the growth and success of the Qualtrics platforms. Teams in this organization are responsible for the systems that manage the entire virtual and physical hardware lifecycle, the Qualtrics global network, and that engineers use to design, develop, and release their software. As a leader in this space you will be responsible for the teams that empower the Qualtrics platform. You will own difficult challenges including scaling the platform, managing the entire Engineering budget, and ensuring our infrastructure is built to support our aggressive SLAs. You will be expected to identify opportunities for innovation that will automate away the manual tasks to drive efficiencies across the Engineering organization.
In this role, you will work closely with the VP of our XM Platform as well as leaders of the different Product Engineering teams to understand the future needs of the platform. You will lead several teams of engineering experts to execute on your plans to address those needs and deliver the future. You will be faced with a variety of challenges that will leverage your past expertise as well as your ability to adapt and thrive in new environments.
- Communicate and drive engineering initiatives across functions
- Define the vision and strategy for several engineering teams
- Contribute in technical design
- Design and influence product strategy
- Continually find ways to automate and optimize development processes and drive innovation
- Recruit, build and develop high performing engineering teams and leaders
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and serve as an advocate for the function
- Manage several high performing managers and teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with demonstrated knowledge of engineering best-practices
- 5+ years experience managing engineering managers
- Demonstrated success building and leading high-performing cross-functional engineering teams
- In-depth technical knowledge on common technologies used as infrastructure
- Experience working with technologies used by software developers to develop, test, deploy, and operate their services. These include, but are not limited to Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Puppet, and Terraform.
- Proven track record of successfully tackling large, ambiguous, problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories