Data Analyst - Engineering
Seattle, WA or Provo, UT
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
As a Data Analyst in the Engineering organization, you will use data to inform key decisions for how the Engineering team operates. You will build dashboards and reports to surface operational metrics and identify bottlenecks. You will drive consistency and clarity in key metrics to support Engineering-wide programs and investment areas like product availability and latency. You will create reports and present data in regular operational reviews. And you will coach and mentor individual Engineering teams so they can effectively build dashboards for their features and systems.
Expectations for Success
This highly visible role will interface frequently with leaders in the Engineering organization and related teams like Product Management and User Experience. The best candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively, and create dashboards and visualizations to help those leaders interpret the data and drive action. This person will use data to answer questions that don’t have an obvious answer. When the necessary data doesn’t exist, this person will work with Engineers to collect it. And they will not only answer questions asked -- the ideal candidate will proactively identify trends or anomalies in the data and highlight them to Engineering leaders to drive further improvements to the organization and the product.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field such as Statistics, Computer, Mathematics, or other STEM field
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or BI Engineer
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of SQL
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau or Domo
- Beginning or intermediate experience with one or more programming language like Python or R
- Excellent command of verbal and written communication for all levels of stakeholders
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees