Senior Engineering Program Manager - Engineering
Seattle, WA or Provo, UT
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
As a Principal Operations Program Manager in the Engineering organization, you will define and drive cross-Engineering and cross-company processes and operating models to help us deliver software in the most effective way possible. You’ll regularly interact with teams and leaders across Qualtrics, including C-level executives, to understand their needs and build the right interfaces with Engineering. You will create reporting mechanisms, streamline internal processes, and drive operational efficiencies. You’ll design ways to help our Engineering team scale, provide visibility to the leaders and drive clarity to the rest of the organization. And you'll constantly be looking for new challenges that the organization faces and solving them through process or tooling.
Expectations for Success
This highly visible role will interface frequently with leaders and individual contributors across Qualtrics. The best candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with technical and non-technical partners including executive staff. This person will define processes and bring structure where there is none, to enable our Engineering team to accelerate delivery as we grow. This person will look ahead and proactively identify organizational bottlenecks, and put plans in place before they impact the team. They will have a track record of influencing without authority, dealing with ambiguity, and balancing competing goals and objectives from multiple organizations in order to find common value for each group.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field such as Business, Operations, Computer Science or other STEM field
- 5+ years of program or project management experience, especially related to software development
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Excellent command of verbal and written communication for all levels of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience defining programs, writing detailed requirements, and delivering projects that meet dynamic business needs
- Beginning or intermediate knowledge of SQL or similar data query language
- Demonstrated ability to drive to clarity and collaborative results in ambiguous situations
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees