Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
The Qualtrics Washington D.C. office is seeking a talented individual to produce persuasive federal and public bid/proposal content and assist in running bid/proposal projects as a senior proposal manager. We have ambitious federal and public sales goals, and we need the right person to elevate the quality and positioning of our federal and public bids as a key resource to help us grow our public client base.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Technical Writing, Business Strategy, English, Communications, Marketing, or related disciplines)
- 3-5 years of federal and/or public bid writing experience
- Have high-level writing skills to author and edit technical content
- Experience developing winning proposals and coordinating RFP responses in an IT or software sales environment
- Experience with federal and public procurement bid processes and regulations
- Strong familiarity with federal government security standards and policies
- Experience working with federal entities such as DoD, VA, HHS, etc.
- Familiarity with state and local government bidding processes and procedures
The Expectation for Success
You’ll know you’re doing a great job when our federal and public sales teams begin to rely on you, your strategic guidance, and your execution to win their most important deals. This will come as you write compelling work, have excellent organizational skills, can multi-task, and manage your time effectively. All while enjoying a crucial work-life balance and spending time doing the many things that make working in our nation’s capital so appealing.
A Day in the Life
- Lead and/or run the proposal creation process for the responses Qualtrics develops in conjunction with RFPs and RFIs (requests for information) received from federal and public organizations
- Develop and maintain compelling, persuasive RFP content that is compelling for federal and public evaluators
- Build compliant outlines for RFPs/RFIs and project plans
- Assist in developing and maintaining a federal proposal content library
- Liaise with the global Qualtrics proposals team as a strategic asset for the entire bid management organization
- Review proposals to ensure a precise product ready for bid evaluator review; proofread for content, grammar, style, formatting; edit, organize, and pull attachments and exhibits
- Consistently implement Qualtrics brand messaging, including tone, style, and theme, within all responses. Effectively demonstrate and promote the Qualtrics value proposition
- Liaise with Qualtrics’ subject matter experts and federal sales leaders and deal strategists to inform responses to RFPs and/or to support the maintenance of content organized in knowledge base, including its technical accuracy
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply meaningful to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.
- With our recent acquisition by SAP, there is an expanded ability to be exposed to and benefit from the large network of SAP bid managers in North America and around the world