Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-dataTM. The Qualtrics XM PlatformTM is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
About the Role
We are looking for research engineers to bring our Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence R&D and strategy to the next level. Our goal is to personalize the Qualtrics experience using ML and AI features showcasing Qualtrics data as a core value proposition and competitive advantage.
As a Research Engineer at Qualtrics, you should love building simple solutions to solve hard customer problems. Crafting systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth and owning quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work!
In addition, you will:
- Collaborate with other Qualtrics engineering teams to understand and recommend how machine learning and artificial intelligence could enhance their product areas
- Research, recommend, test, and implement the ideal solution to a variety of ML and AI challenges, from natural language processing to statistical analysis to image analysis and beyond
- Work with machine learning engineers to implement, tune, and productize machine learning models
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Master’s or other advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering with 2-10+ years of industrial experience in at least one of the following fields: (note - we are looking for great people at different levels from junior to senior)
○ Natural language processing: text labeling and classification, text understanding, question answering, dialogue systems, entity extraction and reasoning, knowledge graph, etc.
○ Machine learning: deep learning, distributed machine learning, large-scale optimization, Bayesian probabilistic inference
○ Data mining: information extraction, recommender systems, knowledge/pattern discovery, anomaly/churn detection
○ Computer vision: image classification, object detection, segmentation
- Experience in developing new algorithms with a track record in journals or conferences
- Expert in conducting state-of-the-art research, system design, and applying novel techniques to live production systems
- Familiar with one or more deep learning frameworks: e.g Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet
- Strong verbal and written communication skills