Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
About the Role
We are looking for a software engineering manager excited to embed the insights and actions uncovered by Qualtrics Text iQ unstructured data analysis throughout the Experience Management platform. Our goal is to personalize the Qualtrics experience using ML and AI features showcasing Qualtrics data as a core value proposition and competitive advantage.
As the leader of this team you will hire, develop, mentor, and coach software engineers as they create new features in text and unstructured data analysis, and extend the reach of Text iQ products and services to the entire XM platform. You will balance meaningful long-term R&D investments with short-term product deliverables, and partner with product management and company leadership to ensure alignment against strategic and tactical goals.
As a software engineering leader at Qualtrics, you should love building simple solutions to solve hard customer problems. Crafting systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth and owning quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work!
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Computer Science or related
- 5+ years of relevant experience, 3+ years of management or leadership experience hiring and developing teams of engineers, Building a team culture of collaboration, pragmatic execution, and continuous learning.
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background, including experience with:
- Data analytics / data pipelines
- Web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Integrating services owned by multiple teams or 3rd party providers
- Hands-on experience with machine learning, natural language processing, deep learning, or other AI systems is a plus
- Consistent record of project planning and execution, developing and owning the engineering roadmap for the product, and working with stakeholders to build quarterly plans
- A history of cross-functional success, collaborating with peer teams, PM, QE, UX, Devops, etc with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers