Qualtrics is a rapidly growing software as a service company backed by three of the top venture capital firms in the world, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners and Insight Venture Partners. Our world-leading insight platform has transformed the way businesses collect, analyze, and act on valuable insights that drive better decision-making. We offer a single insight platform that captures customer, market, and employee insights in one place.
Whether you are building voice of customer, employee engagement, or market research programs, you can do it all on Qualtrics. We are doing just that for many of the world’s most forward-thinking brands including: HP, Wells Fargo, JetBlue, and Marriott International.
Qualtrics has more than 8,000 enterprise clients worldwide, over 1,000 employees, very strong quarter-over-quarter revenue growth and notable profitability since inception. Come see why our employees and clients love being part of the Qualtrics team!
About the team
Have you ever dreamt of being able to completely understand the users you design products for? And work on the tools that allow others to understand theirs as well? Come join Qualtrics as a UX Designer and an important member of our growing UX team. You have at least 2 years of experience crafting beautiful and easy to use experiences in complex web applications and an intense appetite for everything UX & Design. You also have a great portfolio available for review.
On a typical day you might...
- Solve a complex interaction design problem
- Create a high level wireframe of an important taskflow
- Attend a feature team standup and talk with a developer about implementation details
- Attend a UX team meeting to share designs and ideas
- Refine a persona based on customer feedback
- Digest data from a usability study and think about how to translate it into concrete user interface design improvements
- Try out a new interactive prototyping tool
- Read an article on smashing magazine about how motion is the next flat
- Design the next generation of one or more of our user and market research applications
- Work with software development, other UX designers, product management, and our customers to create great user experiences in complex web applications
- Create low and high fidelity task flow mockups and prototypes while integrating feedback from internal stakeholders and customers
- Develop detailed interaction and visual design specifications and work closely with the development teams to implement them
- Partner with UX Research on gathering user feedback
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or other related field
- At least 2 years of professional experience designing great user experiences for web applications and websites
- Internalized a rigorous design process and are able to tailor it to the needs of different types of projects
- Strong interaction design skills and a solid understanding of user-centered design principles/standards and design patterns
- Strong visual design skills and a solid understanding of current visual trends
- Experience with data visualization
- Strong conceptual skills and demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others
- Must love diving into complex user interface problems
- Ability to work independently and prioritize and manage work to meet project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A solid understanding of web application design and implementation
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- A solid understanding of what it takes to create responsive web applications
- Experience working closely with development teams on implementation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment
- Experience with cross-browser design and development
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience designing mobile applications is considered a plus
- A great portfolio available for review