Product Specialists come from top universities, study science fields or have a research background, and have a track record of success while taking on new challenges. Product Specialists work with all levels of customers to guide them through our product and ensure that every touchpoint is extraordinary. Product Specialists are energized by the opportunity to work through difficult technical issues, creative problem solve, and communicate daily with customers.
This role is a fast-paced launchpad to other roles and leadership within Qualtrics. We expect most Product Specialists to be in the role for 12-18 months. Within the role, you will gain troubleshooting expertise, deep insight into the Qualtrics user experience, and experience instructing and consulting. Moreover, you will receive coaching on your written and verbal communication skills. Through providing product support and engaging in special projects, you will learn to work with senior level employees within Qualtrics and at client companies. Former Product Specialists have gone on to lead teams within Engineering, Operations, Marketing, and Customer Success, and Sales.
The Expectation for Success
Expectations for success within the Product Specialist role are clearly delineated. Top performers manage their time effectively and consistently receive top satisfaction scores from customers. While helping customers is your core focus, high performers also have the opportunity to lead projects that have an impact across the organization.
- Transparent - You are honest and willing to learn. You expect to grow in the role.
- All-in - You are committed to build through innovations that transform our business, and our products, pushing us to the next level.
- Customer Obsessed - You respond to clients with analytical sophistication (including Fortune 500 employees, tenured professors, and small business owners) via phone, email, or chat.
- One Team - We have an open office environment, so you collaborate with fellow Product Specialists by finding out-of-the-box solutions for both our customers and our processes.
- Scrappy - You regularly adapt and learn as our products and technologies change. You get excited about finding solutions to challenging problems.
- Bachelor’s degree from a university
- Fluent in Japanese and English languages
- Hard-working self-starter capable of concurrently running multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and teach complicated concepts
- Detail-orientation with an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Interest in Technology/SaaS industry.
- Technical or hard science major or minor
- Prior instruction, research, or tutoring experience
- Coding classes and/or coding skills (MATLAB, R, Python, VB, Java, CSS, HTML, etc.).
- Experience in a tech or start-up environment.
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.