We are a rapidly growing UX team focused on crafting innovative end-to-end designs and customer experiences for a global customer base with millions of users around the globe. Our work and vision define Qualtrics as the Experience Management company. We are looking for leaders that are passionate about agile design to join our passionate group of builders. Our leaders and customers expect and inspire us to push the boundaries of what an enterprise product could be, envisioning across all platforms to directly impact the product roadmap and our customer’s goals. Qualtrics is blazing a new space for Experience Management and is much more than surveys - your design skills and leadership make this vision a reality.
What Success Looks Like in the Role
Your product design vision sees 2-3 years into the future and evolves by listening to customers and ideating ground breaking solutions. You challenge norms to arrive at the right design solution. You obsess about a user’s experience and every detail that goes into it. You identify and surface UX issues and opportunities and set your team up to lead the change with speed and agility. Leading collaboration across design teams, software development, product management, and product marketing you create fluid, intuitive user experiences that scale seamlessly across desktop, native mobile and push into paradigms such as voice.
A Day in the Life
- Lead your cross functional team in the creation of a product design roadmap that pushes the boundaries of what it means to be the market leading Experience Company.
- Spend time with a customer learning from them what would make Qualitics integrate into their workflow and improve the quality of their work. Bring the junior members of the team along with you to grow their customer empathy.
- Develop a new standard in how core design patterns are shared and documented ensuring that engineers around the globe can seamlessly tap into the patterns allowing them to independently build with confidence.
- Attend a UX team critique always improving how work is presented and inspiring the junior designers on the team.
- Translate data from a usability study, create concrete user interface design improvements, and get them prioritized into design sprint planning.
- Continually help define and evangelize a culture of design and design thinking across the team and the company
- Integrate the latest standards in interaction design and trends in user design into the product creating the most intuitive and easy to use enterprise product in the market.
You are a customer advocate, you inspire and mentor other designers, and you live to see your UX designed experiences in products. You craft user experiences for web and apps that inspire brand loyalty. You have a proven track record of rigorously applying user-centered design processes and methodologies to product development and are enthusiastic about solving complex user interface problems. You have experience with data visualization and a deep understanding of what it takes to build responsive web applications. From data modeling to UI transitions, design systems to pattern definition, your diverse set of skills deliver consumer quality with enterprise power.
- 8 plus years as an information architect, user experience or interaction designer.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field such as Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Arts, or Computer Science. Master’s preferred.
- Have shipped and maintained multiple products and features with an online portfolio that showcases this work.
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence partners with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of web accessibility principles and experience in building for accessibility.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Abtract, and Invision. Illustrator, Photoshop, Framer, Origami, and/or Principle are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Github and Jira is highly preferred.
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!