At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving. 9,000+ organisations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyse, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organisations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organisations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
About the Team
The Engineering Visibility team is a foundation stone of the Qualtrics engineering organisation. Our mission is to connect cause and effect. Our visibility services empower everyone at Qualtrics to understand the status of our internal systems and customer facing services. We strive for clean and simple correlation of this status with customer impact. This in turn helps our developers drive customer impacting events to zero and to speed up time-to-resolution when customer impact does occur.
At Qualtrics we are owners. We innovate. The things you deliver will have real impact, and quickly! Operating in a small autonomous team your work will flow from development to production in ever reducing lead times, delivering real improvements for our developers and increasing the company’s rate of innovation.
As the technical lead for the Engineering Visibility team, you will be part of a team that owns the research, development and operation of our visibility services. You will own container level monitoring across our fleet, delivering host and service level logs and metrics to our horizontally scalable storage solutions. From there the team provides dashboarding, monitoring and alerting services that connect developers (and us) with the data they need to perform effective change management, to get the right alert at the right time (when something goes wrong) and to proactively improve the performance of their services.
Moreover you will be joining at a time of rapid growth and investment in our technology stack. This is a systems development role. You will be delivering next generation technology frameworks that empower a continued move to a microservices architecture.
Beyond our engineering and architecture responsibilities, Qualtrics strives for operational excellence in the operation and delivery of our services. You will …
- Ensure our platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- Proactively monitor end-to-end system performance to identify bottlenecks, potential failures and deliver service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- Communicate effectively w/ engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management.
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a global team
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years providing technical leadership to engineering teams
- 3+ years experience of owning a customer-facing, highly-available, large scale web-based service.
- 3+ years of excellence in operating this service.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience and knowledge of load balancing, caching, CDNs, and clustering technologies.
- Experience with common monitoring tools such as Nagios, AppDynamics, Graphite and statsd
- Development experience in a high level language like Java, PHP, Ruby or Python. Ideally you are a systems engineer with developer experience or a developer with strong systems engineering knowledge. No IDE-only developers.
- Full stack development using bash, sed and awk (and vi) a definite plus.
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
- A team player, fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
Qualtrics are an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.