Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
Qualtrics has grown exponentially and that growth means constantly finding and eradicating threats to our systems. We must continuously evaluate how we secure systems, identify potential threats, and implement alerts and tooling necessary that will help us maintain a strong security posture at scale. We are looking for an engineer to join our security operations center who can work with others across the organization, react to alerts, hunt for threats, respond to incidents, and implement technical solutions that improve our ability to identify, stop, and eliminate potential threats.
Expectations for Success
You are currently enrolled in a computer science, information technology, or similar undergraduate or graduate program with an interest and/or focus on security and plan to graduate in the next year or two. You are able to work 20-30 hours/week each semester. You want to lean in and help the organization be secure without slowing people down. Stopping the bad guys is what it's all about for you. You are as comfortable on the command line as you are in a GUI, if not more so. Optimizing existing tools or building new ones to help secure our infrastructure makes everyday exciting for you.
A Day in the Life
- Operate as Tier 1/2 Security Operations Center engineer during regular shifts
- Monitor and analyze SIEM events, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), network traffic, Web Application Firewall (WAF) events, and logs to identify and respond to security issues
- Prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms
- Create and track security investigations to resolution
- Build alerts, automation, tools, and integrations to automate processes and improve our incident response
- Detect, investigate, and analyze potential threats identified by our Security Operations Center. This includes building tools needed to do this effectively
Some technologies we used to accomplish our goals - Python, Linux, Docker, Puppet/Hiera, and Bash. We use metrics and log search systems heavily for visibility and alerting.
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.