At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and most of the Fortune 100 rely on Qualtrics Experience Management, to listen and engage with people at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict which changes will resonate mostly with customers and employees.
Not only is our technology powering the world’s greatest companies, but by understanding human emotions, beliefs, sentiments and values, we will close some of the world’s biggest gaps. Because many of the world’s most pressing problems occur from a lack of understanding – and that’s a problem we can solve.
About the Digital Experience Team
Our team builds and maintains a scalable system with billions of pageviews a week, to bridge the experience gap on every device. We currently provide customers with tools to enable them to make on-the-fly changes, including customized questions and messages, on their company’s websites and mobile apps, so they can listen and engage with a targeted segment of users.
We are looking for an experienced front end engineer who can enable our customers to effortlessly design beautiful and delighting user experiences. You will be building solutions for two types of users: the Qualtrics user and the website or app user.
- For the Qualtrics user, we aim to make it easy for them to solicit feedback across multiple platforms and devices, analyze the data for key insights, and take action to close the experience gap.
- For the website or app user, we need to enable them to communicate their needs and provide input to improve everyone’s experience, without intercepting them or distracting them from what they’re currently trying to achieve.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years professional experience building customer facing web applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building fast, accessible, world ready and responsive user experiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Passionate about building products that help customers easily and effectively get their job done
- Enthusiastic person, who communicates effectively and is easy to work with
- Curious and constantly learning on your own and from others
- Ability to lead complex projects and deliver solutions that exceed expectations under time and resource pressure
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, git, test automation and build\deploy systems)
- Experience with A/B testing and feature experimentation
- Experience with MVC and single page application technologies, including AngularJS, Angular2, Polymer, Vue, Ember, React or ReactNative
- Familiarity with web application build pipelines using WebPack, Gulp, Babel, Sass / LESS
- Expertise in mentoring and developing junior developers. You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- Experience building Android and iOS applications
- You can identify gaps, propose solutions to important problems, then take it to resolution
- Be highly creative, flexible, self-directed and resilient
A Day in the Life
- Work with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, build early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and rich web-based solutions to solve complex business problems, using the latest front-end technologies
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Improve our front-end infrastructure and build UI components
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their front-end technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team and across teams
- Advise management on software development priorities, risks, and required effort level.
- As an engineer at Qualtrics, you are more than a developer. In addition to building, you test to make sure your work does not introduce customer pain, you put mechanisms in place to make sure the team knows if features aren’t behaving as expected, and you own delivering what you build to customers