Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
The Qualtrics Brand Experience (BX), Research Core (RC), and Research Services (RS) is a fast-growing team focused on leading solution delivery with key strategic customers throughout the customer lifecycle. We are focused on developing practices around implementing extraordinary experience management programs using the Qualtrics leading-edge XM capabilities. Our team is passionate about engaging with customers on requirements and complex implementations resulting in broad customer impact. If you are excited to be part of the wave of technologies and solutions that are reshaping the way brands are building the next generation of customer and employee experiences, join one of the fastest-growing enterprise SaaS companies in the world.
As the US Head of Project Delivery, you will be responsible for leading the teams who deliver our largest, most strategic solutions to our world-renowned clients. In this high-profile role, you will be the face of the Qualtrics US BX, RC, and RS delivery organization with multiple internal stakeholders and external customers as your team successfully delivers these technically-complex solutions. This role will provide unfettered access to members of the Qualtrics Executive Team and outstanding cross-functional experience.
To really crush this role, you’ll need to combine your vision, inspiring people leadership, technical expertise, your deep program/project management skills, your solid business insight, and your client management skills in the delivery of custom solutions for our most meaningful clients.
We care deeply about our people at Qualtrics. As a senior leader, you will have the opportunity to shape and guide the happiness and development of extremely capable professionals. You will have a large focus on growing and supporting the team, especially as it relates to project ownership, operational optimization, and career progression. Most of your direct reports will be team leaders and managers, but your scope includes 2nd and 3rd level employees.
What Success Looks Like in the Role
You will know you are doing a great job when you successfully onboard our clients all the way from Small to Medium Businesses to Enterprise clients, ultimately resulting in high renewal and expansion rates. You will also thrill in the execution of 10,000+ bespoke research projects for both corporate and academic clients. As the overall leader of US Project Delivery, your success will be determined by four key metrics:
- Support for aggressive revenue targets (as an enabler of the quota-carrying sales team)
- Attainment of profitability goals (as measured by contribution margin)
- Assurance of high levels of quality and customer satisfaction (as measured, in part, by NPS)
- Engagement of employees (as measured by engagement metrics and retention goals)
A Day in the Life
- Build and manage a large team of project managers and implementation consultants responsible for managing clients through the implementation of various SaaS solutions and the execution of bespoke research projects.
- Exceed aggressive hiring goals by developing new strategies, interviewing candidates, and utilizing LinkedIn to source and recruit candidates.
- Accurately evaluate the performance of team members and provide direct and actionable feedback. Coach and develop team members into world-class implementation services professionals.
- Own a growing P&L. Assume responsibility for achieving implementation delivery services revenue and expense targets. Manage US team capacity, forecasting, and resource allocation.
- Establish world-class implementations services offering. Design packages of service offerings and related internal and client facing collateral.
- Set-up operational processes that improve the time to value for clients, and increase team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work closely with counterparts in Product Management, Engineering, and Sales to improve the selling and delivery of implementation services and drive product innovation that meets client needs.
- Design and support a healthy partnership between internal delivery resources and a growing external partner ecosystem QPN (Qualtrics Partner Network)
- Identify and execute initiatives that will reduce the time to value for Qualtrics customers, improve their satisfaction with the implementation experience and increase their likelihood to renew.
- Communicate team impact and results to the executive team.
- Train the team on key topics, including data quality, vendor relationships, process management, process improvement, research best practices, professional communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
- 10+ years leadership experience with proven ability to build and lead teams using concrete and measurable results
- Strong software implementation and technical skills
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, unstructured, and highly competitive environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and pleasantly through both written and spoken mode
- Ability to prioritize and to think strategically to set and meet aggressive goals
- Bachelor’s degree from a selective university
- Market research industry experience
- MBA or advanced degree from a top-tier university
- 1-2 years of experience in the SaaS (Service as a software) industry