Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
Have you ever dreamt of starting the UX Research discipline at a company and being able to deeply influence the way product are being planned, designed and developed? Have you ever dreamt of building the next generation of user and market research tools that you use yourself to get user data?
Qualtrics is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to come start, lead and grow the UX Research discipline at the company. We are looking for a super collaborative, easygoing self-starter. You have a long track record of leading strategic research with significant business outcome. You are just as comfortable planning and conducting complex qualitative studies as you are defining and reporting on a large amount of instrumentation data. You can outline three different ways to get the necessary data to answer the usability question after a one-minute interview with a partner. People love to work with you and learn from you.
A Day in the Life
- Meet with partners to define an upcoming usability study
- Analyze survey results and put together a presentation for partners
- Talk to a UX Designer and Product Manager about how to best address a usability issue uncovered in a recent usability study
- Update the research roadmap and share it with senior leadership
- Review the latest build and talk to an Engineer about a bug you found
- Attend a UX team meeting and discuss open usability questions that need to get answered
- Answer a question from a Product Manager about appropriate sample size
- Refine a persona based on customer feedback
- Conduct a usability session with a user
Expectations for Success
- Define and drive both qualitative as well as quantitative user data capturing efforts to effectively inform planning, design and development of Qualtrics products
- Lead UX Research while interacting will all levels of the company, including the executive staff
- Build and maintain a research roadmap and a regular cadence of capturing user data
- Drive the process of defining a set of satisfaction/pulse check criteria to measure effectiveness, happiness and engagement of and with Qualtrics products
- Evolve the Qualtrics personas over time
- Set up practices for recruiting participants, attending usability sessions and accessing usability research recommendations
- Inspire the company at all levels to gather better user data and to act on it appropriately
- Educate the company on research methodologies
- Mentor other UX and Product team members around effective qualitative and quantitative user data gathering methods
- At least 7 years of industry experience conducting effective user research by applying a broad range of methodologies including in-person and remote usability testing, site visits, paper prototype testing, concept testing, survey design, diary studies, and contextual inquiries.
- Master's degree in one of these disciplines: Human-Centered Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar. A PhD is considered a plus.
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., crafting, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data
- A love for diving into complex user research problems
- Extensive end-to-end experience with all aspects of usability research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Extensive experience working closely with UX Design, Product, and Engineering teams on gathering and implementation of research recommendations
- Experience with defining and reporting on product instrumentation or analytics data
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- A portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes