Have you ever dreamt of being able to completely understand the users you design products for? And work on the tools that allow others to understand theirs as well? Come join us at Qualtrics as a Sr. UX Designer and an important member of our UX team. You have at least 6 years of experience crafting beautiful and easy to use experiences in complex web applications and an intense appetite for everything UX & Design. You also have an outstanding portfolio available for review.
On a typical day you might...
- Solve a complex interaction design problem.
- Create a high level wireframe of an important task flow.
- Attend a feature team standup and talk with a developer about implementation details.
- Review the latest build and talk to the developer about a bug you found.
- Attend a UX team meeting to share designs and ideas.
- Refine a persona based on customer feedback.
- Digest data from a usability study and think about how to translate it into concrete user interface design improvements.
- Talk to a customer to better understand their scenarios.
- Try out a new interactive prototyping tool.
- Read an article on smashing magazine about how motion is the next flat.
- Design the next generation of one or more of our user and market research applications.
- Work with software development, other UX designers, product management, marketing and our customers to create great user experiences in complex web applications.
- Translate high level business requirements and user scenarios into tangible user interface proposals that integrate the latest standards in interaction design and trends in visual design.
- Create low and high fidelity task flows, mockups and prototypes while integrating feedback from internal partners and customers.
- Develop detailed interaction and visual design specifications and work closely with the development teams to implement them.
- Help define the Qualtrics UX Vision and strategy.
- Partner with UX Research on gathering user feedback.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or other related field.
- At least 6 years of professional experience crafting great user experiences for web applications and websites.
- Internalized a rigorous design process and are able to tailor it to the needs of different types of projects.
- Strong interaction design skills and a deep understanding of user-centered design principles/standards and design patterns.
- Strong visual design skills and a deep understanding of current visual trends.
- Experience with data visualization.
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methodologies to product development.
- Strong conceptual skills and demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- You love diving into complex user interface problems.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize and manage work to meet project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of web application design and implementation. Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- A deep understanding of what it takes to create responsive web applications.
- Extensive experience working closely with development teams on implementation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment.
- Experience with cross-browser design and development.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience designing mobile applications is considered a plus.
- A great portfolio available for review.
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
8,500+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.