Job Description - Workflow Automation Engineer (Full Stack Developer)
As Qualtrics continues to grow, streamlining our processes has become essential to our future success. We’re proud of where we are, but we have a long way to go.
Many of our processes have been patched together over time. Other processes have been built out of necessity. We’re looking for someone who can work with our workflow automation team to smooth what we currently do. This includes developing a plan and then executing against it. Successful candidates will be innovative, data-driven, have a nose for value, and be outstanding executors.
If you are our next hire, you are looking for a mid-level position. You are particularly strong technically and have the ability to build custom widgets and apps. Excellent candidates will show a track record of innovation, building tools from the ground up, and have a nose for value. You will be working in a high leverage role to support a team of grads from places like Berkeley, BYU, Michigan, and Northwestern. You will be a technical expert in automation and a resource for the product support team. You’ll be capable of building the bridge between business leaders and engineers.
The Expectation for Success
You’ll know you are successful when you are having a real impact on the number of resources and time required to complete work. You will drive leverage for future expansion. While helping our global operations team become more efficient is your core focus, you will also take the lead on different projects that have an impact not just on this team but across the organization as a whole.
A Day in the Life
- You will lead the technical development and execution of all automation projects in Global Operations.
- Your problem-solving skills will be challenged and stretched as you not only look to tweak processes but create innovative new solutions to the problems of today and tomorrow.
- You will act as a technical consultant to the Global Operations leadership as well as our Analytics team. You will play a large role determining which type of innovation we want to invest over the coming years.
- You will develop new software, apps, and automations that power and assist our entire Global Operations team.
- The one constant thing about Qualtrics is progress - you will need to be able to regularly adapt as our products and technologies change.
- We have an open office environment here at the Q, so you can expect heavy collaboration with other departments to enhance ease of use, resolve client issues, and improve processes throughout the organization.
- 2+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs.
- Thorough understanding of functional code and low maintenance solutions.
- Experience deploying using Docker.
- Experience with database systems like MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with version control systems like Git.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex applications using logs
- Experience with Electron is a plus.
- Ability to work with teams to find the best way to implement changes and features to existing code.
- Comfortable scoping, designing, and architecting new infrastructure to solve complex organizational issues.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly performance bonuses
- Relocation bonus for out of state candidates
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- Qualtrics pays all medical insurance premiums for all employees and dependents
- Free food and drinks, massage chairs, ping pong, an onsite gym and more!
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.