At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
8,500+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
About the Team
The SEAL team is the branch of our Engineering Services organization that obsesses over the question: “How do we as a company provide the best customer service in the most efficient means possible?”
We look at each maintenance request as an opportunity to migrate that customer off of custom technology and onto the Qualtrics platform. We think long term when looking after customer issues and invest the time to eliminate or reduce future work. This team is critical to the long-term success of Qualtrics because we allow scaling of excellent support to thousands of customers. We also drive investment into the Developer Platform that our partners can use to deliver custom solutions where needed.
About the Role:
You are technically curious and confident, with an innate ability to solve problems. You get a thrill out of solving customer issues by diving deep to understand and address root cause, not just the symptom. You enjoy working on all levels of the technical stack and love diversity in both technology and problem domain. You’re comfortable switching context when required to dive into emergent issues or take advantage of timely opportunities.
You will have a significant impact by automating and productizing solutions to common issues. You will be responsible for identifying trends and building solutions or processes that effectively reduce the effort needed to support custom engineering services and products. You will be in charge of increasing the visibility and tooling of our current services, which includes modernizing our deployment pipelines, monitoring and alerting, and recovery mechanisms. You love shipping to customers and look forward to blowing away your customers’ expectations. You collaborate effectively and have fun doing it!
- You will work on operations and maintenance-driven coding projects
- You will build systems to audit and measure reliability of services
- You will fine tune services to reduce latency, conduct operational readiness reviews, and automate continuous delivery of software changes
- You will maintain service level agreements and build systems to support them
- You will manage the health of a number of distributed specialized server fleets and the software stacks that run on them
- You will execute regular maintenance activities for services (e.g., handling outages, resolving tickets, and fixing root causes)
- You will collaborate with both customers and client success teams to triage and raise software issues
- You will come together with the technical leads and program managers on client communications (including release notes) and drive operational initiatives
As a team we'll build and maintain the industry-leading cloud-based XM platform, helping every business become more data-driven. We’ll not only shape our product, but improve the direction of the companies that use our platform through our choices. Come help us change the world!
- Bachelor's degree in a hard science or Information Systems
- Good level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Deep understanding of the Unix/Linux operating system
- Ability to learn new tools and demonstrated software development/technical operations experience
- A high degree of organization and very precise
- Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills (including technical writing)
- Ability to understand large systems, drilling down to code level
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify the root cause of issues
- Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions and get the right things done
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus
- SQL or database experience is a plus
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, age disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.