Qualtrics is a rapidly growing Software as a Service company backed by three of the top venture capital firms in the world (Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Insight Venture Partners).
We offer a single experience management (XM) platform that captures the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—in one place. Qualtrics has transformed the way businesses collect, analyze, and act on valuable insights that drive better decision-making.
Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide rely on Qualtrics, including more than 75 of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools.
About the Team
The SEAL team is the branch of our Engineering Services organization that obsesses over the question: “how do we as a company provide the best customer service in the most efficient means possible?”
We look at each maintenance request as an opportunity to migrate that customer off of custom technology and onto the Qualtrics platform. We think long term when dealing with customer issues and invest the time to eliminate or reduce future work. This team is critical to the long-term success of Qualtrics because we allow scaling of excellent support to thousands of customers. We also drive investment into the Developer Platform that our partners leverage to deliver custom solutions where needed.
About the Role:
Ideal members are technically curious and fearless with an innate ability to solve problems. You get a thrill out of solving customer issues by diving deep to understand and address root cause, not just the symptom. You enjoy working on all levels of the technical stack and love diversity in both technology and problem domain. You’re comfortable switching context when required to dive into emergent issues or take advantage of timely opportunities.
Support engineers here will have a significant impact by automating and productizing solutions to common issues. You’ll be in charge of identifying trends and building solutions or processes that effectively reduce the effort needed to support custom engineering services and products. You’ll be in charge of increasing the visibility and tooling of our current services; this will include modernizing our deployment pipelines, monitoring and alerting, and recovery mechanisms. You’ll love shipping to customers and look forward to blowing away your customers’ expectations. You’ll collaborate effectively and have fun doing it!
A partial list of your responsibilities might include:
- Work on operations and maintenance-driven coding projects
- Build systems to audit and measure reliability of services
- Fine tune services to reduce latency, conduct operational readiness reviews, and automate continuous delivery of software changes
- Maintain service level agreements and build systems to support them
- Manage the health of a number of distributed specialized server fleets and the software stacks that run on them
- Execute regular maintenance activities for services (e.g., handling outages, resolving tickets, and fixing root causes)
- Interface with customers and client success teams to triage and escalate software issues
- Collaborate with technical lead and program manager on client communications (including release notes) and driving operational initiatives
As a team we'll build and maintain the industry-leading cloud-based XM platform, helping every business become more data-driven. We’ll not only shape our product, but improve the direction of the companies that use our platform through our choices. Come help us change the world!
- Bachelor's degree in a hard science or Information Systems
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Solid understanding of the Unix/Linux operating system
- Ability to learn new tools and demonstrated software development/technical operations experience
- A high degree of organization and very detail-oriented
- Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills (including technical writing)
- Ability to understand large systems, drilling down to code level
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify the root cause of issues
- Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions and get the right things done
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus
- SQL or database experience is a plus
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, age disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.