At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
As Qualia embarks on its next phase of growth, we are seeking a strong engineering leader for our Resware product. The Resware product is used by leading companies in the title insurance and settlement services industry. You’ll manage our 35+ person engineering team and represent the team as a member of the Resware leadership team.
- Lead a growing engineering department with 35+ software and QA engineers
- Provide career growth and learning opportunities for all team members
- Create and evangelize coding standards, engineering and testing processes
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as application security, performance, and quality are met
- Set direction for quality assurance and drive test automation strategy
- Ensure that CI and CD practices are correctly developed, implemented, and monitored
- Determine the mix of skills, experience, and roles across all engineering teams
- Collaborate with product and customer success teams to schedule and deliver enhancements
- Represent the Resware engineering team at the product and company level
- Lead engineering hiring, onboarding, and training
- Lead major technology and architectural decisions
- Manage communications with external vendors
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- 12+ years of experience working in software product companies
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering leader
- 2+ years of experience as a second-level manager, setting goals and vision for the department and ensuring that necessary conversations are taking place between managers and employees
- You’ve been the most senior engineering leader with full responsibility for a complex software product
- You’ve managed an engineering team of 20+ people
- Experience mentoring engineering individual contributors and managers
- Strong hands-on technical leadership, people management, project management, and communication skills
- You are constantly learning new technologies and holding your team accountable to do the same
- You are driven by metrics and outcomes
- Experience developing and supporting a large enterprise software product
- Direct experience modernizing an older, thick-client (WinForms) application to one that is web-based is a plus
- Experience developing software for use in real estate or title and settlement services is a plus
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real-world problems—and we’re growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we’re committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. The team is temporarily remote during the pandemic, but Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, daily meditation sessions, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.