At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
Help a team of world class designers solve a variety of challenging problems in real estate using software built from the ground up with design thinking and a cutting-edge design system. Define the design direction for software that is currently the system of record for millions of home closings in the US, while crafting experiences for buyers, sellers, realtors, loan officers, underwriters and others as they handle all the details of closing on a real estate transaction.
Help oversee product design and define how project scopes and functional specs are transformed into detailed user flows with high fidelity mockups in Figma.
- Define the design strategy to execute on our product roadmap.
- Oversee execution & delivery of new features.
- Manage, mentor, and cultivate a small team of product designers.
- Attract and recruit top product design talent to the design team.
- Coach designers to breakdown complex problems, develop strategies, and collaborate to deliver solutions.
- Use your experience building & shipping complex software to help provide design critiques and work through complex user flows.
- Partner with leadership in Product and Engineering to deliver a unified, cohesive product vision for Qualia.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- You are a craftsman with a history of shipping extremely successful enterprise SaaS products, for which you were involved in the design process from beginning to end.
- You have strong familiarity in thinking through design problems and composing user experiences using design systems.
- You’re a talented designer and able to apply your experience to provide insight to your team in terms of composition, hierarchy, cohesion and other qualities of effective design.
- Technical degree or background is a plus.
- Ideally experience in Lending, Real Estate, or FinTech.
- 8+ years in Product Design.
- 2+ years leading Product Design teams.
Unlike many companies, we built our design system before we built our product. All product features are built on top of our design framework, and design system thinking is critical to how we ship new features. Our design system includes 80+ individual UI components with everything from buttons, menus, table views, to complex UI like multi-step modal flows both documented in code and with reference components in Figma.
Our VP of Design is the author of a popular open source design framework (Semantic UI) and design thinking has been a core part of the success in our mission to build complex detail-oriented workflow software.
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems—and we’re growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we’re committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. The team is temporarily remote during the pandemic, but Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, daily meditation sessions, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.