At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON
As Qualia embarks on its next phase of growth, we are seeking a Finance Manager to help fuel our efforts to scale the organization. The Finance Manager will get exposure to all aspects of the business and work closely with various departments to improve organizational practices, policies, and business outcomes. The ideal candidate for this role is an accountable, analytical, inquisitive, and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to our controller, you’ll be responsible for general finance administration, act as a liaison to various operational departments, own the calendar of recurring administrative responsibilities, maintain administration of pricing discounts and non-standard revenue streams, and be a driving force of our future success.
- Evaluate organizational tradeoffs and be a key decision-maker in business operations
- Provide analytical rigor and strategic ideas to the operational drivers of the business
- Collaborate with HR, Operations, and Legal teams to ensure compliance with and strengthen operational practices
- Oversee the calendar of recurring administrative responsibilities, while ensuring their quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- Maintain reporting & administration of pricing discounts and non-standard revenue streams
- Continuously enhance and refine our standard procedures, policies, and systems to scale effectively with Qualia’s continued growth
- Maintain responsibility set and drive projects to successful completion with minimal oversight
- Lead other special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- 3-5+ years of experience in accounting or finance related role with exposure to systems/operational optimization and decision-making analysis
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to analyze large sets of data
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to both internal and external stakeholders
- Extremely detail oriented with an ability to multitask cross department projects
- Metrics-driven in your decision-making, always striving to improve existing processes
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong performer under pressure and tight timelines
- You can think on your feet and have a willingness to own problems
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems—and we’re growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we’re committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. The team is temporarily remote during the pandemic, but Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, daily meditation sessions, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.