At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem - homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents - onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
The Product Compliance Specialist is an integral member of the Documents and Compliance team within our Engineering organization. The Documents and Compliance team manages Qualia’s internal library of documents used in real estate closings around the nation. You would be responsible for creating and editing documents and verifying their accuracy and completeness. Document development requires direct involvement with the product, so ability and willingness to develop technical skills are required.
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
A successful candidate wants to contribute to a fast-moving and ambitious team, and is a respectful, direct, and friendly communicator. You will need to be willing and able to learn about the real estate domain and build your technical skills quickly, as well as feel confident communicating with an array of external and internal teams and perform well under tight deadlines.
This is a remote opportunity but we ask that candidates are located in the Pacific Time Zone.
- Add new real estate closing documents and manage our vast document library
- Learn about title insurance industry and Qualia products, become an expert in quickly identifying the purpose, desired content, and desired auto-population behavior for real estate closing documents
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering team to develop new products and features and to continuously improve our document management infrastructure
- Work with the Customer Success team, customers and partners to ensure that customers’ and partners’ needs are met
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to maintaining a strong team culture
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- Comfort with and ability to thrive in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and ability to balance competing interests
- Demonstrated ability to learn a complex subject matter quickly
- High attention to detail and willingness to acquire technical skills
- High energy self-starter who is comfortable working independently, but is motivated by contributing to a team
- Background in title/escrow, lending, or legal work is a plus
ABOUT OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems---and we're growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we're committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. The team is temporarily remote during the pandemic, but Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, daily meditation sessions, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.