At Qualia, we’ve built a new class of real estate technology that simplifies home buying and selling into an easy, understandable, and secure process. Our products bring together users from across the real estate ecosystem—homebuyers and sellers, lenders, title and escrow agents, and real estate agents—onto a single shared platform, providing greater clarity and transparency to real estate transactions. Today, millions of consumers use Qualia to close on homes every year.
We are hiring entrepreneurial engineers interested in being a part of our rapidly growing engineering team. Our engineers are conscientious hackers who like teamwork but are also comfortable with independent projects. Our engineering team releases new software every week, moves at a fast pace, and works directly with our design and customer-facing teams to imagine and build the new experiences our customers love. Because of that, you’ll get a rewarding variety of projects to work on. We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who is based out of San Francisco.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Work as a front-end engineer at the intersection of product, marketing and engineering
- Build and maintain all public-facing Qualia web properties - including Qualia.com, Qualia blog, customer knowledge base, as well as other stand-alone digital experiences like webinars, landing pages and micro sites
- Collaborate with design, marketing, and content authors to build out engaging brand experiences that help our company reach new customers
YOUR BACKGROUND THAT LIKELY MAKES YOU A MATCH
- Strength in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and marketing
- Ability to produce pixel-perfect web layouts from static mockups using HTML and CSS and modern development techniques (Flexbox, Responsive Design)
- Comfortable working with Git, and command line tools for build and deployment processes
(BONUS) PROFICIENCY WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Experience with UI Component frameworks and theming (we use Semantic UI)
- Experience implementing motion design in code (CSS animations, transforms, filters, transitions and key framing)
- Experience with Static Site Generators
- Understanding of modern image and video encoding and best practices (WebP, H.264, PNG compression)
Qualia is made up of incredibly bright, mission-driven coworkers who are passionate about using technology to solve real world problems—and we’re growing quickly. In order to continue building an engaging and dynamic organization, we’re committed to giving everyone the support they need to do great work.
Our benefits package is designed to allow our team members to be their best selves, both in and out of the workplace. In addition to comprehensive health plans, a 401k program, and commuter benefits, we prioritize family and personal well-being through professional development, parental leave, and a flexible time off policy. The team is temporarily remote during the pandemic, but Qualia offers a robust online onboarding program to train new hires, biweekly all hands meetings, daily meditation sessions, and a variety of internal virtual events to keep employees connected.
We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology, and our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel equally valued and respected. Qualia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, or veteran status.