At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the way real estate professionals, lenders, and homebuyers manage real estate transactions, one of the nation's largest industries. Qualia is backed by Menlo Ventures, 8VC and other top investors and is growing quickly. Our thousands of passionate users spend the majority of their day logged into one of Qualia's web and mobile enterprise apps.
What You'd Work On
The Document Specialist is an integral member of the product team. This role interfaces between our valued business partners and the product team, and serves as a subject-matter expert on the title insurance industry (though no prior experience with title insurance is necessary). Our document specialists manage a large canon of legal documents — part of a core service provided by our product. Our document specialists work directly on the product, so a willingness to learn some technical skills is a must. Additionally, the document specialist will work with our Customer Success professionals to ensure that our customers are able to perform their title business with ease. In sum, document specialists are responsible for maintaining legally compliant documents, managing channels of communication between our business partners and the product team, keeping up-to-speed with industry-wide changes, and ensuring that necessary product updates make it onto the roadmap.
A successful candidate wants to contribute to a fast-moving and ambitious team, and is a respectful, direct, and friendly communicator. You will need to be willing and able to learn complicated and technical subject matter quickly, as well as feel confident communicating with an array of external and internal teams. A successful candidate often has a background in Account Management, Product Liaisoning, or as a Paralegal. This role is perfect for an early-career professional or recent-graduate that is interested in breaking into a start-up.
- Manage a large canon of legal documents
- Support the quality assurance of our title insurance product
- Build relationships with industry professionals and create clear paths of communication between their teams and ours
- Communicate the needs of our industry partners as deliverables to our product team
- Collaborate with the product team on feature development
- Become an expert in the title insurance industry and our title insurance software
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and ensure they are included in the product roadmap
- Liaise with the Customer Success team to ensure the customers' needs are met
- Comfort with and ability to thrive in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and ability to balance competing interests
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn complicated subject-matter quickly
- High attention to detail and willingness to learn technical skills (if not already familiar)
- High energy self-starter that is comfortable working independently, but is motivated by contributing to a team