Venice Music is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive, and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech, and record label. Venice Music is a distribution platform with premium services for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing, and artist development - offering artists a new approach to developing and releasing music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Venice Music Community Intern, you’ll be responsible for supporting the team by conducting a variety of creative tasks such as Event and Community moderation, host/co-host community events, work with the community team to develop and execute digital and IRL events, and more. In this position, you will report directly to the Sr Community Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Participate in weekly Marketing/Community meetings, with the opportunity to share and develop your findings.
- Support the Marketing/Community team on key initiatives by building research and/or presentation decks, as well as thorough documentation on new processes and learnings to be implemented for future use.
- Actively update the Venice Community events via Mighty Networks & Hopin, Newsletter, for both virtual and in-person events.
- Moderate and host informative discussions around the music industry in the company Discord channel virtually.
- Have the opportunity to host or co-host networking and showcase events with the Community team.
- Study VMC Membership FAQ and respond to customer inquiries in the Venice-Support channel on discord and the chatbot on Hubspot.
- Moderate digital programming engaging in chat, tracking questions, and ensuring Venice branding is applied to speaker bubbles.
- Upload replay videos to Venice Music Business Academy Discord Channel and download files and upload to Google Drive for future use and content.
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone who has a deep love of and passion for music, and is seeking to better understand the music industry ecosystem
- Strong organizational skills
- A great communicator, both verbally and written
- A problem solver
- Have an understanding of Discord and the ability to pull insights, analyze data, and implement learnings
- An autonomous worker that can raise questions, expound upon ideas, or highlight issues when appropriate
- Someone who is resourceful with an intrinsic work ethic
- Minimum 15-20 hours availability for internship.
- Must be based in the U.S.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. if a foreign student.
- Must be currently enrolled and eligible for university credit.
This Is A Non-Paid Internship.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.