Venice Music is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive, and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech, and record label. Venice Music is a distribution platform with premium services for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing, and artist development - offering artists a new approach to developing and releasing music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Venice Music Marketing Intern, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Growth & Brand team by assisting with marketing campaigns and deliverables. Our ideal intern candidate has a fundamental understanding of digital marketing best practices. In this position, you will report directly to our VP of Brand Marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Support the Brand Marketing team on key initiatives by building research and/or presentation decks, as well as thorough documentation on new processes and learnings to be implemented for future use
- Participate in weekly Brand Marketing meetings, with the opportunity to share and participate in cross-functional collaboration
- Assist with social media campaigns
- Assist with email marketing
- Assist with content marketing
- Assist with search engine optimization
- Assist with marketing reporting
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- A great communicator, both verbally and written
- A problem solver
- Someone with emotional intelligence and quick wit
- Someone who is seeking to better understand the music industry ecosystem and has a passion for it
- An autonomous worker that can escalate questions or issues when appropriate and not afraid to seek help and guidance when needed
- Someone who is resourceful with a great work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through is essential
- Someone who is proactive and culturally aware
- Someone with a passion for music
- Very strong organizational skills
- Someone who is experienced with social media
- An individual who keeps up with the latest music news and pop culture
- Self-starter who is marketing-minded, proactive, and task-oriented
- Basic graphic design skills a plus
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work unsupervised and set own priorities
- Enrolled in business or marketing program
- Minimum 15-20 hours availability for internship
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. if a foreign student
- Must be currently enrolled and eligible for university credit
This is a non-paid internship
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.