Venice Music is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive, and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech, and record label. Venice Music is a distribution platform with premium services for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing, and artist development - offering artists a new approach to developing and releasing music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Sync Intern will be responsible for assisting on all sync activity on behalf of Venice, including pitching our artist and label partners for placements in film, television, commercials, and games. This is a broad spectrum internship and a great opportunity for someone eager to learn the ins and outs of the music licensing industry.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Creative input/A&R
- Pitching music to clients
- Licensing/clearance assistance
- Metadata/catalog management
- Administrative assistance
WHO YOU ARE
- A great communicator, both verbally and written.
- A problem solver.
- Someone who is seeking to better understand the music industry ecosystem and has a passion for it.
- An autonomous worker that can escalate questions or issues when appropriate.
- Someone who is resourceful with a great work ethic.
- A positive attitude and desire to pursue a career in the music industry
- A good ear and passion for music
- Technically proficient at entering data carefully
- Must be organized, meticulous, punctual, reliable and responsible
- Familiar with DISCO or other catalog management software
- Minimum 3-6 months of experience in a creative capacity in a sync department (Label, Publisher, Sync House) preferred, but will also consider similar experience in music supervision or music management.
- Minimum 15-20 hours availability for internship.
- Must be based in the U.S.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. if a foreign student.
- Must be currently enrolled and eligible for university credit.
This is a non-paid internship.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.