Venice Music is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive, and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech, and record label. Venice Music is a distribution platform with premium services for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing, and artist development - offering artists a new approach to developing and releasing music.
About The Role
Venice is looking for a Director of Marketing to join our growing team based in (remote) and reporting into the Head of Marketing (US).
In this role you will work with our global services team to execute high level marketing campaigns for our partners who include artists, managers and labels. Emotional intelligence, empathy, creativity, open-mindedness and kindness are equally important as experience and skill set.
We work across genres and cultures; with an international roster of artists and label partners and we are committed to building a team that represents and encourages us to deliver high level results and bring the best out of each of us. You must be eager to work across all genres of music, with an understanding of and respect for the audience and cultures that they speak to and thrive in.
Our company mission is to empower and support the global artist community - through expertise, information, innovation, equal opportunity, passion and understanding. In this role you will be:
- You will be a key part of conceptualizing and executing innovative, unique and bespoke artist campaigns - focused on marketing strategy and execution in the US.
- You’ll define the ‘what and why’ of your campaigns - building engaging and impactful plans to help elevate artists' vision.
- You’ll work closely with the global services team (digital, streaming, sync, brands, UK marketing, A&R) to develop the marketing strategy for your campaigns and you’ll take full ownership of the implementation of that strategy to drive KPI’s and campaign goals.
- You will set up and execute promotional campaigns and schedules, You have strong and current relationships with US promo teams including press, radio, OOO marketing and brands and negotiate deals with said teams\You will drive and refine our internal and external reports - encompassing all key growth and vital campaigns markers, wider partnerships and new opportunities You will drive and refine our internal and external reports - encompassing all key growth and vital campaigns markers, wider partnerships and new opportunities.
- You will drive and refine our internal and external reports - encompassing all key growth and vital campaigns markers, wider partnerships and new opportunities.
- You will actively research and share knowledge of important competitor campaigns
- You will actively engage and nurture relationships with both internal and external partners
Experience & Qualifications
- You have minimum 4-6 years of project management experience in the music industry
- You have proven experience running successful single, EP and album campaigns in the US for a wide variety of artists with a clear understanding of how to build marketing and digital campaigns
- You are highly organized, able to multitask and proactive in looking for ways to improve your own processes and the wider internal processes at Venice.
- You are proactive with tasks and are able to balance multiple priorities methodically and effectively
- You have a fluent understanding of wider music marketing and digital channels, platforms and basic strategy around each
- You have ahead-of-the-curve trend intuition as it relates to music and the music industry
- Excellent ability to stay calm under pressure and problem solve and are a clear and strong communicator both written and verbal
- You have an active interest in music, tech, culture and global trends
- You are passionate about supporting the artist community and artist development
Frequently Asked Questions
- Compensation: $110,000 - $120,000 + Equity
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, and paid parental leave.
- Perks: 401k plan, Unlimited PTO, Remote Work
- Type of Hire: This is a full-time Exempt position.
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization and be located in the US.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.