Venice Music is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive, and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech, and record label. Venice Music is a distribution platform with premium services for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing, and artist development - offering artists a new approach to developing and releasing music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Venice Music Marketing Intern, you’ll be responsible for supporting the team by conducting a variety of creative tasks such as artist research, reporting & analysis, presentation building and more. The type of tasks and work needed from a marketing intern will vary, so a broad skill set and interest is welcomed. In this position, you will report directly to your assigned Project Manager and the Services Team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- The Marketing Intern’s primary role is to support the Director in executing on the overall marketing strategy for Venice Music.
- Support the services team with a variety of research projects, key initiatives and creative brainstorms for our talent roster and presenting.
- Research music industry news daily and report back to the team accordingly.
- Assist in managing campaigns, driving the end-to-end execution of strategy across email and social media.
- Participate in strategic marketing conversations with Venice roster, assist in building artist-focused marketing strategies and drive forward single and EP release campaigns with great attention to detail.
- Work cross functionally with internal teams and external partners.
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions, and planning activities
- Oversee and execute assigned creative tasks or projects.
- Creation and ideation of weekly marketing updates to be distributed to the company.
- Ideate and support artist development by bringing new innovative ideas to the table.
- Update artist one-sheets as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- A great communicator, both verbally and written.
- A problem solver.
- Someone with emotional intelligence and quick wit.
- Someone who is seeking to better understand the music industry ecosystem and has a passion for it.
- An autonomous worker that can escalate questions or issues when appropriate and not afraid to seek help and guidance when needed.
- Someone who is resourceful with a great work ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through is essential.
- Someone who is proactive and culturally aware.
- Someone with a passion for music.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Someone who is experienced with social networking sites with an emphasis on TikTok.
- An individual who keeps up with the latest music news and pop culture.
- Self-starter who is marketing-minded, proactive, and task-oriented.
- Basic graphic design skills a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work unsupervised and set own priorities.
- Minimum 15-20 hours availability for internship.
- Must be based in the U.S.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. if a foreign student.
- Must be currently enrolled and eligible for university credit.
This is a non-paid internship.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.