Venice Music is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive, and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech, and record label. Venice Music is a distribution platform with premium services for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing, and artist development - offering artists a new approach to developing and releasing music.
About The Role
In your role as Social Media Manager, you will focus on creating a meaningful online presence and creating original content. Your goals will focus on maintaining consistent content creation, engagement, and audience expansion on our various social media platforms. Your responsibilities will include:
- Determine and implement best practices for each social channel (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Create unique social media strategies for each social media platform (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Discover emerging social media channels, trends, and tools and assess if they are worthwhile implementing into Venice's social media strategy
- Create a plan and goals for social media channels for high-level metrics (followers, likes, engagement, etc.)
- Determine social-based initiatives (individually and cross-functionally) that drive traffic, membership growth, and brand awareness
- Plan the social media strategy and relative assets for the upcoming month
- Work cross-functionally to determine content, wins, stories, etc. that are worth sharing on social
- Schedule all social media content in Later and create a monthly report on metrics
- Manage social media comments and DMs
- Establish a playbook for social media (tone, content value, engagement rules, etc.)
Experience & Qualifications
- You have 3+ years of professional social media experience.
- Advanced understanding of social media platforms.
- You have managed social media across all channels for a music and/or culture company.
- Understanding of social media analytics.
- Stellar time management and excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills.
- You love music!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Compensation: $25 per hour
- Type of Hire: This is a contract position.
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.