Venice Music is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive, and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech, and record label. Venice Music is a distribution platform with premium services for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing, and artist development - offering artists a new approach to developing and releasing music.
About The Role
In your role as the Director of Legal, you will be negotiating and drafting new deals, managing projects, and providing counsel in connection with the day-to-day operations of the Business team. You will report to the Chief Business Officer. Responsibilities will include:
Venice Artist Deals
- Draft and negotiate Venice Services Deal Terms
- Funded Deals
- Distribution Deal
- Web3 Advisory / NFT
- Addendums and Amendments when necessary
- Build templates/forms when necessary
- Click through agreements
- Terms of Services
- Review and negotiate terms and long-form agreements for external licensing agreements
- Cleanup on previous agreements to align with new terms going forward
- Maintain one source of truth for all legal terms from all business lines
Experience & Qualifications
- You have 4+ years of legal experience in the music industry directly
- Legal degree required
- Advanced understanding of music services and have worked with various artists, DSPs, and other music companies
- Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills
- Skill in managing a high volume of projects while maintaining precision and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently and manage multiple projects effectively
- Music industry experience is a must
- You love music!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Compensation: Salary depending on experience and location + Equity
- Benefits: Generous health benefits package and paid parental leave.
- Perks: 401k plan, Unlimited PTO, Remote Work
- Type of Hire: This is a Full-Time Exempt position.
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicant must have US work authorization.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.