Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
Venice is currently seeking a Manager to join the Venice Streaming Team. The ideal candidate will have an overall familiarity with the global music streaming landscape and the key platforms within. A basic understanding of the relationship between music companies and streaming platforms is a plus! This position will report into the Heads of Pop, Hip-Hop, and R&B streaming.
We work across genres and cultures; with an international roster of artists and label partners and we are committed to building a team that represents and encourages the brilliant difference in all of us. You must be eager to work across all genres of music, with an understanding of and respect for the audience and cultures that they speak to and thrive in.
Our company mission is to empower and support the global artist community - through expertise, information, innovation, equal opportunity, passion and understanding.
How this role will CREATE, INFLUENCE, & BUILD AUDIENCES:
- Direct support to the members of the global streaming team - managing pitch sheets, building playlist maps and strategy, compiling coverage recaps, etc.
- Serve as the bridge between artist partners and the streaming team by managing key pieces of information necessary to pitching DSPs and other digital platforms.
- Manage the direct relationship with streaming platforms like Pandora, Audiomack, Tidal, and SoundCloud
- Serve as the point of contact for our aggregation partners that service streaming platforms in Africa, Asia, and Southeast Asia (Melon, Boomplay, Jiosaavn, Qobuz, KKBox)
- Maintain relationships with high profile clients (artists, managers, streaming and digital partners, etc).
- Develop a reporting strategy alongside our internal insights team to ensure campaigns are effective and we are tracking measurable progress.
Bring your TALENTS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Passionate about music marketing and campaigns driven by results!
- 2-3 years of experience working within the digital marketing and/or music streaming space
- Great social and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others and maintain high profile relationships across the industry
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- You have ahead-of-the-curve trend intuition as it relates to music and the music industry
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent ability to stay calm under pressure and problem solve and are a clear and strong communicator both written and verbal
- You have an active interest in music, tech, culture and global trends
- You are passionate about supporting the artist community and artist development
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.