Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and external partners.
- Stay up-to-date on current trends in the space, including (but not limited to) recent projects, technological developments, events, and emergent lines of thinking.
- Receive and execute assigned creative tasks or projects.
- Think critically about how to differentiate Venice partners’ campaigns from others in the industry.
- Ideate and support artist development by bringing innovative ideas to the table.
- Participate in weekly Web3 meetings, with the opportunity to share and develop your findings.
- Actively update the Venice Community via Discord, public calendar, newsletter, and through both virtual and in-person events.
- Support the Web3 team on key initiatives by building research and/or presentation decks, as well as thorough documentation on new processes and learnings to be implemented for future use.
- Have the opportunity to co-host or assist with networking and showcase events with the Web3 team via Discord.
- Learn from top talent in the Web3 / Community space.
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone who has a deep love of and passion for music, and is seeking to better understand the music industry / Web3 ecosystem
- Willingness to learn and deepen knowledge of Web3 space
- A great communicator, both verbally and written
- A problem solver
- Have an understanding of Discord and the ability to pull insights, analyze data, and implement learnings
- Deep understanding of Web3 trends, with an ability to capitalize on such opportunities
- An autonomous worker that can raise questions, expound upon ideas, or highlight issues when appropriate
- Someone who is resourceful with an intrinsic work ethic
- Someone who is experienced with various streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Tidal, etc.)
- Minimum 15-20 hours availability for internship.
- Must be based in the U.S.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.