Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Management professional to join our team as we build towards the future of the technology-enabled music industry. We are building a culture of diverse backgrounds to broaden our perspective and enable innovation. This role is a balance of technical abilities and thoughtful communication, requiring the ability to stay focused on long-term goals in a fast-paced environment. The right people for us roll up their sleeves and don’t stop until we make something amazing, together. Domain expertise is preferred but not required.
Values & Traits
- You value simplicity in solutions and are incredibly results oriented
- You communicate product development process with all stakeholders regardless of their technical prowess
- Collaborating with design, engineering, operations and other functional teams is second nature in your way of working
- You enjoy working in hybrid teams where your influence exceeds siloed roles and your initiative is seen and appreciated by your peers
- Curiosity drives you to explore new ideas, technology and experiences which influence your skills and growth
- Work cross-functionally with a team of engineers, designers and data analysts to build products. Reaching across boundaries to build a tight-knit and effective product development team
- Work with all available qualitative and quantitative data to assess opportunities and inform roadmap
- Build consensus with leadership and broader team around roadmaps, as well as how to measure / evaluate success
- Work with data to define, forecast and monitor KPIs
- Be a primary driving force for identifying significant opportunities, product vision and cohesion, strategy and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals
- 4+ years in product management, defining vision and strategy for a product, going through the full product lifecycle: integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization, and pre/post launch execution
- Known for clear communication, both verbal and written, as well as persuasive leadership through communication and shared vision
- Known for entrepreneurial spirit, with emphasis towards moving quickly & shipping
- Comfortable working within an agile product development environment, enterprise or consumer experience preferred
- Bonus: experience building products around community, creators and financial systems
Our tech stack includes: React, Node.js (Express), PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.