Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Director to join our growing team!
Reporting into the Head of Marketing (US), you will work with our global services team to ideate and execute on high level digital marketing campaigns for partners across artists, managers and labels. The role will have a strong focus on not only digital marketing and digital culture but audience development, creative content strategies and supporting our artists with the most up to date and informative strategy, data, analysis and ways to partner with innovative and potent platforms. You will be creative yet methodical and pragmatic in your approach and thrive working as part of a team; who you are and what you stand for is just as important to your teammates as your experience.
Emotional intelligence, empathy, creativity, open-mindedness and kindness are equally important as experience and skill set.
We work across genres and cultures; with an international roster of artists and label partners and we are committed to building a team that represents and encourages the brilliant difference in all of us. You must be eager to work across all genres of music, with an understanding of and respect for the audience and cultures that they speak to and thrive in.
- Bringing a nuanced and native understanding of social media and streaming platforms, music discovery platforms, Web3 (and whatever comes next) to our bespoke strategies for our partners - from pre-release, release and beyond
- Strategy and execution across digital platforms with a creative approach; advise and initiate content rich campaigns across a multitude of platforms
- Audience building; working with the marketing team to refine the audience, execute fan acquisition strategies to grow the buzz through and beyond release moments
- Working alongside our internal teams (Marketing, Streaming, Web3, Sync, etc) to identify key opportunities
- Authentic seeding and influencer work - work alongside external influencer agencies to plan influencer activations, both as paid marketing channel and as artist content creation ‘earned media’ opportunities as appropriate.
- Digital advertising - work alongside our current Marketing team and external media agency partners to strategize and implement paid advertising plans across multiple digital touch points - socials, VoD, DSPs and so on
- Contribute to the design and creation of the artist's digital assets, including photo and video content for releases, announcements, etc
- Heavy research of artist communities and word-of-mouth analysis (tracking milestones, reading and analyzing blogs, other artist sites, etc.)
- Advise on social media best practices and strategies; launching bespoke content strategies tailored to individual artist campaigns
- Cultivate and maintain best-in-industry relationships with key partners such as TikTok, YouTube, Facebook and so on - keeping up to date with new developments, opportunities and consistently planning out partner campaigns to maximize release moments and potential
- Analytics and reporting - track progress of key campaigns with PCAs on priority releases and regular reporting on progress of campaign objectives and growth across key artist channels
- Manage relations with top-level artists, managers and external partners.
- You have 3-5+ years of digital marketing / audience development experience in the music industry
- You have a deep and ahead-of-the-curve understanding of TikTok; the cultures, audiences and routes to market music throughout the platform
- You have proven experience running successful single, EP and album campaigns in the US for a wide variety of artists with a clear understanding of how to build proposition, audience, digital campaigns and elongate post-release
- You are highly organized, able to multitask and proactive in looking for ways to improve your own processes and the wider internal processes at Venice.
- You are proactive with tasks and are able to balance multiple priorities methodically and effectively
- You have a fluent understanding of wider music marketing and digital channels, platforms and basic strategy around each
- You have ahead-of-the-curve trend intuition as it relates to music and the music industry
- Excellent ability to stay calm under pressure and problem solve and are a clear and strong communicator both written and verbal
- You have an active interest in music, tech, culture and global trends
- You are passionate about supporting the artist community and artist development
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.