Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Venice marketing intern, you’ll be responsible for supporting the team by conducting a variety of creative tasks such as artist research, reporting & analysis, presentation building and more. The type of tasks and work needed from a marketing intern will vary, so a broad skill set and interest is welcomed. In this position, you will report directly to your assigned Project Manager and the Services Team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Support the services team with a variety of research projects, key initiatives and creative brainstorms for our talent roster and presenting
- Research music industry news daily and report back to the team accordingly
- Assist in managing campaigns, driving the end-to-end execution of strategy across email and social media
- Participate in strategic marketing conversations with Venice roster, assist in building artist-focused marketing strategies and drive forward single and EP release campaigns with great attention to detail
- Work cross functionally with internal teams and external partners
- Oversee and execute assigned creative tasks or projects
- Ideate and support artist development by bringing new innovative ideas to the table
WHO YOU ARE
- A great communicator, both verbally and written
- A problem solver
- Someone with emotional intelligence and quick wit
- Someone who is seeking to better understand the music industry ecosystem and has a passion for it
- An autonomous worker that can escalate questions or issues when appropriate
- Someone who is resourceful with a great work ethic
- Someone who is proactive and culturally aware
- Someone with a passion for music
- Someone who is experienced with social networking sites
- An individual who keeps up with the latest music news and pop culture
- Minimum 15-20 hours availability for internship.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.