Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
What we're looking for
QA Engineers to join our remote-first team as we build towards the future of the technology-enabled music industry. Our culture blends technologists and musicians, where diverse backgrounds increase our perspective and enable innovation. This role is a balance of technical expertise, creative product collaboration and communication. As our first QA engineer, you will be getting in on the ground floor to build the foundation that will support all future QA activities & team members. Domain expertise is preferred, seniority / role / compensation is based upon experience.
Values & Traits
- You value close collaboration with engineers and product owners to represent quality at all stages of software development
- Can communicate quality assurance process with all stakeholders regardless of their technical prowess
- You actively seek and provide feedback through exploratory testing
- Collaborating with design, product and other partner teams is second nature in your way of working
- You seek to have a well documented test plan that can be executed consistently
- Curiosity drives you to explore new ideas, technology and experiences which influence your skills and growth -- such as learning how to do E2E automation
- Create and maintain a test plan, suite and test cases
- Collaborate with Product, Design & Engineering teams in defining project requirements, milestones, tasks and deliverables
- Promote best practices among peers, thorough regression, smoke and exploratory testing
- Help us build a culture of mentorship, learning, iteration, and continuous progress within the engineering team
- Participate in interviews and hiring processes as we grow our engineering team
- Reach across team boundaries in building a tight knit and effective product development team
- 5+ years of relevant software development role(s) in a team environment
- Proficient in a test case management system such as Test Rails, Jira or equivalent
- Developing test cases
- Strong experience in testing web-based single page applications (SPAs)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills - clear, concise, compassionate
- Bonus: Experience creating E2E automation using Cypress
Our tech stack includes: React, Node.js (Express), PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS
Our Leadership Team
Co-Founder & CEO Troy Carter (Atom Factory, Spotify)
Co-Founder, President Suzy Ryoo (Atom Factory, Cross Culture VC, OMD)
Engineering, Anton Vishnyak (b8ta)
Design, Chris Seeds (AbleTo, Blackboard Insurance, Plated)
Strategy, Anis Rashid (Overtime, Spring, Goldman Sachs)
Q&A In The Press
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.