Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Venice A&R Intern, you’ll be responsible for supporting the team by conducting a variety of creative tasks such as artist research, reporting & analysis, presentation building and more. You will support the A&R Executives with a variety of projects (A&R Admin) and must have a keen sensibility of current music for music session brainstorming.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Inputing data into elaborate spreadsheets and conduct data analysis for the A&R team.
- Work across a broad roster of artists and genres.
- Research and prepare detailed and organized presentations on current trends.
- Sourcing artists to potentially sign for Venice.
- Work cross functionally with internal teams and external partners.
WHO YOU ARE
- A great communicator, both verbally and written.
- A problem solver.
- Someone with excellent data entry and Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly motivated and organized with excellent time management skills
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- Someone who is seeking to better understand the music industry ecosystem and has a passion for it.
- An autonomous worker that can escalate questions or issues when appropriate.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Someone who is resourceful with a great work ethic.
- Someone who is experienced with social networking sites.
- A passion for music is a MUST!
- Minimum 15-20 hours availability for internship
- There are a limited number of paid internships available, however Q&A Media will accept school credit for the intern role
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.