Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a Content Operations Intern, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Operations team by conducting a variety of tasks such as operational analysis, process improvement, procedural documentation, audits, and more. Work as an intern may vary from both administrative to creative tasks, so a broad skill set and interest is welcomed. In this position, you will report directly to our Operations team lead.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Support release management tasks, including content delivery and updates and product registration
- Ensure consistency of metadata throughout our catalog including defining and executing projects to improve, align and correct existing metadata
- Assist in managing the confirmed artist release schedule dates and information
- Help resolve any claims and ownership conflict issues across DSPs
- Keep all operational process and procedural documentation up to date and create new support documentation as needed
- Support other areas of the Q&A / Venice organizations as necessary
WHO YOU ARE
- A great communicator, both verbally and written
- A problem solver
- Someone who is seeking to better understand the music industry ecosystem and has a passion for it
- An autonomous worker that can escalate questions or issues when appropriate
- Someone who is resourceful with a great work ethic
- Someone who is experienced with social networking sites
- Minimum 15-20 hours availability for internship
- There are a limited number of paid internships available, however Q&A Media will accept school credit for the intern role
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.