Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Q&A is seeking an experienced executive to lead People Operations & Success during an exciting period of growth for the company. As our VP, People Operations & Success, you will be a key leader at Q&A responsible for developing a world-class employee experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Your focus will be on finding and developing talent; creating exciting career paths; and fostering an environment of high-performance, innovation, and passion that will help the amazing members of our team flourish. You will have overall responsibility for directing our efforts in human resources, recruiting, diversity & inclusion, learning & development, and various cultural initiatives. You will develop strategies and implement programs that inspire, motivate and develop our employees, and you will be a major champion of our culture and values.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- People operations: own all people operations processes including performance review cycles; compensation reviews and planning; payroll and benefits administration; legal and regulatory compliance as it relates to employment etc., and as we scale ensure that we evolve our processes appropriately.
- Employee relations: Ensures legal compliance, corrective action and provides policy and procedure guidance. Advises management in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing grievances/complaints. Develops training as needed.
- Employee development and retention: develop and execute all learning and development initiatives and help drive a high-performance, high-growth mindset that focuses on career development and growth.
- Recruiting and talent acquisition: in partnership with hiring managers, run our recruiting and talent acquisition activities including defining and implementing strategies to attract, hire, and retain top talent across the company with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Cultural champion: be a champion of our culture, helping the team understand and live our core values through effective programs that promote morale while achieving our company goals.
- Trusted advisor: be the trusted advisor to the CEO, President and extended leadership team, holding all managers to a high-quality standard.
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- An experienced people operations executive with at least 5 years hands-on experience across the full range of human resources functions
- Prior experience building out HR and People Operations processes and procedures at a rapidly scaling tech startup
- A self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is excited to scale our team and company
- An excellent project manager with a proven ability to design and implement people operations strategies that drive business results
- A natural coach and mentor with an ability to foster relationships with all levels of the team, to relate well with others, to listen effectively, and to help employees at all levels achieve their development goals
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills
- A highly ethical individual with unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues with complete discretion and confidentiality
- A data driven decision-maker with the ability to advocate for investments in people operations strategies from an ROI perspective
- A highly curious individual with a growth mindset
- A deep knowledge of legal HR compliance matters. Knowledge of California and U.S. employment laws and regulations required. Knowledge of U.K. employment laws a plus
- Proficient in Google Apps. Experience using Greenhouse, AngelList, Gusto a plus
- Minimum BA/BS degree. HR certifications a plus
- US Based
- Love for music is a plus!
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music company building software & services solutions with a strategic mindset towards the future of the music business. Led by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, the Q&A team debuted VENICE in 2021 as a platform and community to support independent artists, managers & labels. Q&A is a remote-first, global company with teammates across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.