Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Under the supervision of the Director of Platform Support and Operations, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day Content and Business Operations functions of the company, including content distribution, asset registration, claims administration, and general quality control. You will be responsible for the registration and administration of high value content across various platforms utilized by the Venice Partner Success and Services teams. You will be responsible for interfacing directly with our Venice Partners in addition to external parties that are responsible for the distribution and curation of artist content.
You will be an integral part of our team and seamlessly flow between artist teams, technology, and our premium services. You will understand the overall music distribution process and are able to work hand in hand with our Partners to effectively deliver assets. You understand the importance of attention to detail and fast responsiveness to provide service and support at a global scale.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work with our Operations team to fulfill content distribution requests, assess and triage content delivery challenges, and troubleshoot questions/consults/tickets from Partners where necessary
- Support the build and maintenance of operational processes, internal tools, and solutions to achieve consistent best in class support for Partners
- Be a content and data steward - managing asset registration, storage, and dissemination of high value assets to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the administration, follow up, and resolution of digital rights claims for our partners across various DSPs (YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook)
WHO YOU ARE
- You understand the music industry ecosystem and the processes surrounding the distribution and administration of content
- You are a strong analytical thinker - You love to solve challenging problems
- You are highly organized and detail oriented with a proactive work-style
- You are a great communicator and can translate questions, problems, and solutions to a variety of different teams
- You understand the importance of quickly responding to issues and questions 24/7 and can empathize with quick turnaround times
- You are an autonomous worker - You can manage your own projects, provide regular and timely communication of program status and progress towards goals, and know when to escalate issues
- You are passionate about the music, technology, and culture
- You have 2-3 years or more of operations and/or customer support experience (music industry experience preferred)
- You have knowledge of content distribution and distribution technology (e.g. XML & DDEX)
- You have experience working with technology products and working with Product, Engineering, and Design teams
- Experience with music CMS platforms (YouTube and Facebook CMS certification a plus)
- Experience with customer support tools (Zendesk experience a plus)
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music and technology company co-founded and launched in 2019 by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, who formerly worked together at Atom Factory (the artist management company behind Lady Gaga, John Legend, Meghan Trainor, Kamasi Washington, and Charlie Puth). Q&A is building modern software solutions with a highly collaborative, service-minded approach towards artists, management teams, and independent labels. Q&A is dedicated to creating an ecosystem where the “artist as an entrepreneur” is supported throughout their entire career. Our headquarters used to be in Los Angeles, California, but with the pandemic and the future of work in 2021, we are a remote-first, global company with team members all over the U.S. and the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.