Q&A is a fast-moving, progressive, inclusive and pioneering music company, combining key pillars of artist management, distribution tech and record label. Q&A recently introduced Venice, a music distribution platform with premium services available for playlisting, strategic, creative marketing and artist development – offering artists a new approach to development and releasing their music.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for visionary technologists across many disciplines to create a fundamental transformation of the creator economy. Imagination is our most important requirement. The right people for us roll up their sleeves and don’t stop until we make something amazing, together. We make moments, and those moments are points in a story that changes the lives of artists. And that will change music. And culture. And life.
Q&A is a modern music and technology company co-founded and launched in 2019 by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, who formerly worked together at Atom Factory (the artist management company behind Lady Gaga, John Legend, Meghan Trainor, Kamasi Washington, and Charlie Puth). Q&A seeks to power the business of music through technology, tools, and services. Q&A is building modern enterprise software solutions with a highly collaborative approach towards artists, management teams, and labels. Q&A is dedicated to creating an ecosystem where the “artist as an entrepreneur” is supported throughout their entire career.
We're getting ready to ship our first product in 2021 and have a full roadmap. We are excited to bring on a new Senior Engineers as well as a Product Designer, adding to our awesome existing team. Q&A also has non-technical teammates serving the broader music industry (A&R, management, marketing).
What we’re looking for
It’s pretty simple: the creator economy is opaque and difficult. We design elegant solutions to address that.
If the equity & sustainability of music culture is in your blood, we’d like to talk to you. If you want the technology you design to have purpose that does not compromise, same deal. Get in touch.
Learning is our currency, and we expect to learn from you almost immediately. We ship to learn.
Our quality bar is excellence. We iterate and we ship quality work.
We know that design culture produces magic we could never expect.
What You'll Do
- Create elegant, simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Research, design, and test hypotheses — ideally in wireframe form, or whatever allows us to learn faster and deeper with each design.
- Rapidly prototype and conduct remote and in-person research using a variety of methodologies, and documenting the results and findings.
- Work with a tight-knit, agile team of product, engineers, and designers to champion UX throughout the strategy, design, and development life-cycle.
- Help build a culture of design, with us.
- Fight for the user.
- A fast thinker. Can quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing.
- Able to sweat the details and you know when to move forward.
- A self-starter and can move a project forward with minimal supervision.
- Able to provide structure and rigor to ambiguous problems.
- Clean and complete with your work. We want to capture all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic for visual UI design and engineering teams to build.
- An incredible design partner. We need your feedback across the organization, as a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and able to take a solution from idea to implementation.
- A risk taker. Comfortable taking risks and designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and can temper your analytical skills with intuition and creative ambition.
- Familiar with quantitative & qualitative research methods and able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- A learner. Enjoy keeping current with the latest trends that influence best-in-class work
- 4-8 years of experience in product design
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex problems into simple and effective solutions
- Experience designing a full end-to-end experience
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems
- Taking a project from concept, through prototype, to shipped product
- Experience partnering with product and engineering teams
- Experience with tools like FIgma, Sketch, and Storybook
- Experience in the music industry
- Designed multi-sided payment systems or analytics platforms
- Experience with early-stage companies
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Music distribution no longer needs to be a commodity. Labels aren’t only looking to get their music from A to B; they want to simplify their workflow and their records to succeed. Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. Venice also has a Premium Services team for playlisting and strategic, creative marketing available upon request.
Q&A is a modern music and technology company co-founded and launched in 2019 by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, who formerly worked together at Atom Factory (the artist management company behind Lady Gaga, John Legend, Meghan Trainor, Kamasi Washington, and Charlie Puth). Q&A is building modern software solutions with a highly collaborative, service-minded approach towards artists, management teams, and independent labels. Q&A is dedicated to creating an ecosystem where the “artist as an entrepreneur” is supported throughout their entire career. Our headquarters used to be in Los Angeles, California, but with the pandemic and the future of work in 2021, we are a remote-first, global company with team members all over the U.S. and the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.