Software Engineer, Flight Test
Pyka is looking for a Software Engineer to join our experienced team working on large autonomous airplanes. You will spend most of your time working with our flight test teams flying large- and sub-scale aircraft.
A typical day in this role will involve going out with a flight team to fly our full-scale or subscale aircraft at our test sites in Winters, CA. Your role will involve deploying new software to the aircraft and designing tests to ensure that the new software performs as expected. In addition, you will help direct the focus of new feature development, and contribute to new features. You will be required to quickly and safely implement new features and bug fixes in the field in order to maximize the productivity of a test day.
- Work with the Pyka software team to design and implement new features and test infrastructure
- Work closely with flight testing teams to test new software on large aircraft
- Debug aircraft software in the field
- Develop flight data analysis software
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with C++ (ideally C++11 or newer)
- Passion for aviation
- Familiarity with robotic systems
- Working knowledge of trigonometry and linear algebra
- Strong physical intuition
- Experience tinkering with things in the real world
- Highly detail oriented and comfortable in unfamiliar situations