Chief Commercial Officer
Pyka is looking for a Chief Commercial Officer to manage sales and commercial partnerships for our products worldwide, with a focus on our regional transport products. You will forge strategic partnerships and negotiate and structure commercial agreements with customers and operators of our aircraft worldwide. Success in this role will mean contributing to the development of a multi-billion dollar enterprise.
Your objectives are to develop and execute on commercial opportunities for our regional transport products, assembling multi-billion dollar commercial and strategic partnerships. You will report directly to the President and work closely with the President on company level business development and sales outcomes. The ultimate responsibilities and contributions of this person will be shaped around the individual we hire and their background; there is a tremendous room for growth at our company.
At Pyka we develop autonomous electric aircraft to provide people with an affordable and safe air transport option for regional trips. We're building a future where everyone can visit a friend, partner, family member, or colleague in a nearby city by air --- where the trip is a beautiful, traffic-free, and environmentally responsible adventure.
To get there, we’re taking a different approach than most. We're applying our technologies to every industry where electric aircraft can be useful, starting with the highest value and most dangerous jobs. In doing so, we're building useful, game-changing products manufactured at scale, while perfecting the safety, reliability, and capabilities of our autonomy engine and electric propulsion systems.
Today, we supply our aircraft to agricultural service providers and farmers as an autonomous tool that makes aerial crop protection safer, more targeted and less harmful to surrounding environments. Our vehicles are highly economical to operate and easy to deploy. What you work on at Pyka makes people’s lives better now and brings the future of electric aviation one-step closer each day.
We design, develop and manufacture an ecosystem of core-technologies including proprietary flight control software, avionics, high power density motors, motor controllers, batteries, and custom carbon-fiber composite airframes. Our full-stack team is from Wisk, Joby Aviation, Waymo, Google[x], and Saildrone.
We foster a welcoming community within our company that promotes experimentation, asking questions, making simple solutions to complex problems, and expressing different views and opinions. We are a transparent company both internally and externally and do not believe in operating in “stealth mode.” Lastly, we don’t work 60 hour weeks, and don’t expect you to either. In this role you will have a great deal of responsibility, earn a competitive salary and benefits, and contribute to the development of groundbreaking technology.
- Spearhead commercial partnership development for our products globally, with a focus on our regional transport products.
- Develop and expand government relations, including the FAA, with a focus on regional transport infrastructure and relationships.
- Contribute to the business strategy and positioning of the company.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to enhance the public profile of Pyka.
- Extensive and commercial partnership, sales and government relations experience in the aerospace industry.
- A strong, diverse network of commercial partners who have worked with you / your companies before and you’ve given them good reason to work with you again.
- Investment, development, or operating experience in aerospace.
- Strong work ethic, very driven to become the best and build a multi-billion dollar enterprise.
- Passion for aviation.
- Excellent listening skills, clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Excellent presentation skills across content, delivery, and body language, whether scripted or unscripted, in high stakes contexts.
- Question-driven, curious, open minded.
- Energized by and excellent in building relationships.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance, FSA with employer matching, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and unlimited PTO
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks