VP of People
Pyka is looking for a VP of People to lead our people operations, recruiting, employee development, and workplace operations in the U.S. and internationally. Your objectives are to help build a world-class electric aircraft design and manufacturing organization, cultivate our talent and growth strategy, and refine and manage our people operations practices worldwide.
The VP of People will report to the COO and work closely with the CEO and President to rapidly grow the organization with practices and processes in place to find and attract the most talented and collaborative individuals in our industry. Success in this role will mean contributing to the development of a multi-billion dollar enterprise that meaningfully impacts the way people live their lives.
At Pyka we develop autonomous electric aircraft to provide people with an affordable and safe air transport option for regional trips. We're building a future where everyone can visit a friend, partner, family member, or colleague in a nearby city by air --- where the trip is a beautiful, traffic-free, and environmentally responsible adventure.
To get there, we’re taking a different approach than most. We're applying our technologies to every industry where electric aircraft can be useful, starting with the highest value and most dangerous jobs. In doing so, we're building useful, game-changing products manufactured at scale, while perfecting the safety, reliability, and capabilities of our autonomy engine and electric propulsion systems.
Today, we supply our aircraft to agricultural service providers and farmers as an autonomous tool that makes aerial crop protection safer, more targeted and less harmful to surrounding environments. Our vehicles are highly economical to operate and easy to deploy. What you work on at Pyka makes people’s lives better now and brings the future of electric aviation one-step closer each day.
We design, develop and manufacture an ecosystem of core-technologies including proprietary flight control software, avionics, high power density motors, motor controllers, batteries, and custom carbon-fiber composite airframes. Our full-stack team is from Wisk, Joby Aviation, Waymo, Google[x], and Saildrone.
We foster a welcoming community within our company that promotes experimentation, asking questions, making simple solutions to complex problems, and expressing different views and opinions. We are a transparent company both internally and externally and do not believe in operating in “stealth mode.” Lastly, we don’t work 60 hour weeks, and don’t expect you to either. In this role you will have a great deal of responsibility, earn a competitive salary and benefits, and contribute to the development of groundbreaking technology.
- Build Pyka's people operations team from the ground up.
- Partner with the CEO, COO, President, and senior leaders to develop optimal organizational structures and processes that support growth and scale.
- Design and implement Pyka's talent acquisition, onboarding, talent management, succession planning, leadership development, performance, compensation and benefits policies and programs.
- Develop and own successful leveling and learning & development programs and create career path development programs for continued employee growth.
- Regularly identify gaps where processes should be updated or formalized, maintain and improve key systems, tools and technology.
- Drive effective cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications across the organization.
- Oversee the organization’s compliance with all legislation pertaining to personnel matters in the U.S. and internationally. Maintain knowledge of industry trends, employment legislation, and cost efficient solutions.
- Manage all business operations, facilities and office management duties and personnel.
- Manage all team building, event planning, and building management activities.
- 6+ years in a Director/VP of People, HR Director, and/or HRBP capacity
- At least 3 years of experience as the primary people operations point-of-contact within a high-growth company or startup, preferably in the technology industry
- Experience building and managing highly productive HR and Recruiting teams.
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll, and other operational functions.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Excellent listening skills, clear and concise oral and written communication
- Energized by and excellent in building relationships
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance, FSA with employer matching, and 401(k)
- Paid holidays and unlimited PTO
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks