Pyka is looking for a Software Engineer to join our small, experienced team working on simulation and real-time visualization for large autonomous airplanes.
Below is a list of some current and future projects that you will contribute to:
- Ground control station displaying real time aircraft information
- 3D path and environment visualization
- Full system simulation and testing infrastructure
- LIDAR map creation and visualization
At Pyka we develop autonomous electric aircraft to provide people with an affordable and compelling alternative to ground transit. We make hyper-short takeoff and landing autonomous electric aircraft. Today, we’re using our aircraft to protect crops with fully automated aerial sprays in order to obtain the flight hours, technical readiness, and scale required for human transportation.
Our aircraft make aerial crop protection safer and less harmful to surrounding communities. They’re also highly economical to operate and easy to deploy.
We are the only company in the world approved for commercial work with full-scale, autonomous aircraft. What you work on at Pyka makes people’s lives better today.
Pyka’s core technologies include proprietary flight control software, avionics, high power density motors, motor controllers, batteries, and custom carbon-fiber composite airframes. Our full-stack team is from Cora/Kittyhawk, Joby Aviation, Waymo, and Google[x].
We foster a welcoming community within our company that promotes experimentation, asking questions, making simple solutions to complex problems, expressing different views and opinions. We are a transparent company both internally and externally and do not believe in operating in “stealth mode.” Lastly, we don’t work 60 hour weeks, and don’t expect you to either. In this role you will earn a competitive salary and benefits, including medical and dental coverage.
- Work with the existing software team (currently two people, growing to five) to contribute to an existing Qt QML/C++11 codebase (~1kloc)
- Design and implement new software components and corresponding tests
- Work closely with flight testing teams to identify, prioritize, and solve problems
- 3+ years of professional experience with C++ (ideally C++11 or newer)
- Experience with Qt and QML
- Experience with simulation
- Experience with real-time 3D visualization
- Passion for aviation
- Familiarity with robotic systems
- Working knowledge of trigonometry and linear algebra
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- Opportunity to work on large autonomous aircraft and see them fly