PWNHealth is a national clinician network working to improve early detection and prevention of disease using advanced diagnostics and telehealth. PWN services all 50 states and Puerto Rico with telehealth and telegenetic services. Our model enables safe and easy access to diagnostic testing, ensuring clinical validity, utility, quality consumer education, access to clinicians, and the ability to implement national programs seamlessly. Through integration with more than 80 CLIA-certified labs and support of over 3,000 test types, we are shaping a new paradigm in healthcare. We believe that empowering people with convenient access to clinically actionable information has the power to change lives, improve outcomes, and create a healthier world. PWNHealth is backed by leading growth equity firms Spectrum Equity and the Blue Venture Fund (BVF). We are a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest in the industry. We are passionate about health and wellness and are looking for like-minded people to join our team.
About the Product & Technology Department:
The Product & Technology team is responsible for building and maintaining our three core products: a back-end order routing and logistics platform, a white-labeled patient-facing ordering platform, and a telehealth module to connect patients to live providers throughout the testing process. The Technology team works closely with Product Management and Design teams to architect and deliver high-quality solutions that meet user needs and strategic goals of the business.
General Position Summary:
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for defining, solutioning, and leading the architecture of PWN’s product platforms. You will provide direction and guidance to strategic application, data, and technology architecture to effectively support the company’s business and product strategy. We are looking for an architect with a strong technical background (preferably Ruby on Rails, SQL, AWS), highly skilled at translating business and product requirements into well designed, secure, performant, and scalable solutions for the engineering delivery teams, with strong collaboration communication skills to articulate architecture to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Specific Job Functions:
The Solutions Architect should be able to successfully manage multiple responsibilities and act as a leader, both internally and externally. She/he will be responsible for the overall technical architecture of PWN’s product platforms, architecture roadmap, defining solutions to meet customer/business needs, and guiding the engineering team on the solution architecture.
The Responsibilities of This Position Include:
- Understand business and product requirements and roadmaps and produce industry-leading design, architecture, and solutions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams and provide architecture feedback to help shape product strategy and execution roadmap
- Develop and lead conceptual, logical, and solution architectures across application, data, and technology domains
- Communicate architecture strategy, decisions, trade-offs to stakeholders
- Identify improvements for security, performance, scalability, reliability, maintainability, and operational cost of our products through use of new technologies, frameworks, tools, and best practices
- Serve as a mentor to engineers on architecture patterns and best practices
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience as software or solutions architect
- 10+ years of overall experience in the software development field
- College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in cloud-based environment (AWS/Azure) using modern technologies and frameworks
- Experience in SQL and data architecture
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Healthcare systems and data is plus