Financial Accountant (CONTRACTOR)
We are in search of a proactive Accountant to join our finance department. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for a range of accounting tasks, including posting intercompany charges, conducting month-end closings, performing budget-to-actual analyses, and completing balance sheet reconciliations. This role will support our team in the US. Furthermore, this role will entail the regular provision of weekly cash activity reports to our Treasury team.
In addition to these core responsibilities, the position may involve assisting fellow team members with expense and credit card postings, as well as handling purchase order processing. As results will be consolidated into US operating entities, adaptability, and the ability to engage with stakeholders on a global scale will be critical.
This position at this time is a fixed-term role, however there is a possibility for extension of service or a transition to a full-time role depending on the needs of the business.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with our shared service center to post intercompany revenue and recharges accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with intercompany accounting policies.
- Analyze and reconcile accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare journal entries and adjustments as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements.
- Collaborate with the finance team to prepare and analyze budget vs. actual reports.
- Identify variances and provide insights to management.
Balance Sheet Reconciliations:
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
Cash Activity Reporting:
- Prepare and deliver weekly reports on expected cash activity to the Treasury group.
- Assist in cash flow forecasting and analysis.
Other duties as Assigned:
- Point of contact for queries from the business and Group Finance.
- Coordinating with our Shared Service Centre for accounts payable transactions and bank reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (ACCA, CIMA, or ACA certification is a plus).
- Proven experience as an Accountant in a similar role, ideally in a corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
- Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., SAP, Oracle, QuickBooks) and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- 3+ years’ experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Remote or Hybrid working model (London or Newcastle Office).
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
Vynamic is a healthcare industry management consulting firm headquartered in Philadelphia with additional offices in Boston, London, and Durham. Our purpose is: We believe there is a better way. We partner with our clients to lead key strategic and operational initiatives across all sectors of the healthcare industry.
Both Putnam and Vynamic believe there is a better way to harness the power of a healthy culture in order to deliver the best results. We make significant investments in the product that is our people, ensuring our team members live healthy, lead with integrity, continually learn, constantly grow, and thrive in a fun and vibrant environment. We believe that our culture not only results in a healthy team, but also in a product that our clients can truly be powered by.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Putnam Associates is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments and that this is not a finance opportunity.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.