We are looking for an ambitious Health Economist and Outcomes Researcher [HEOR] to join our growing and highly talented team as a Consultant. You will have 3-4 years of experience as a Health Economics Consultant with a focus in Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To lead a range of quantitative and qualitative and health economics and outcomes research projects, including health valuation and utility measurement, analysis of outcomes data, burden of illness surveys, patient preference studies and development of patient-reported outcome measures for PHMR's valued clients.
- The focus of the role is on patient-reported outcome measurement and preference elicitation research, but may also include other types of health economics projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
Essential Functional technical expertise
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics or related methodological discipline (e.g., psychological sciences)
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a cross-functional team
- In depth knowledge of health economics and methodologies for the analysis of patient-reported outcomes (e.g., utility measurement, analysis and development of patient reported outcome measures, development of (online) surveys, costing studies)
- Experience of designing and implementing health economics and/or PRO studies (including patient surveys and surveys for members of the general population)
- Good knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. STATA, R)
- Excellent quantitative skills, including econometrics or psychometrics
- Evidence of project management skills
- Good knowledge of HTA methods and processes
- A strong understanding of different global HTA environments
- Experience of successful proposal development
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical issues
- Fluency in English
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
What we offer you!
- Flexibility and individual support for more balanced and enjoyable life
- Competitive compensation packages and great benefits
- Fantastic opportunities for professional development, working along industry experts
- Tight-knit, collegiate office environment.
- Opportunity to work in our Newcastle or London office [please rank office location preferences in our application form]
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory company, is a leading scientific and strategic consulting partner that helps the global life science community make confident decisions, build value, and bring life-changing innovations to clinicians and patients. For more than 30 years, our rigorous, bespoke approach and globally diverse team have delivered unrivaled depth across therapeutic areas, business functions, geographic markets, healthcare sectors, and technology platforms to maximize the human impact and commercial success of client innovations.
We believe that to create real, lasting change on human health, we must bring out the best in our people, in every way and at every level. We offer a boutique-firm feel inside a global enterprise, opening the door to limitless opportunities to kickstart your career or hone your expertise. Built on the pillars of empowerment, collaboration, and meaning, we're proud to offer a fulfilling environment where world-class advisors can come together to shape the future of healthcare for the better.
Serving the life sciences industry, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies, consistently ranked as one of the top consulting firms by Vault, and maintaining a true global team of experts with 400+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents, we offer a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting our clients. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, Paris, and Newcastle – but for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.