A Partner at Putnam is responsible for team management and client business development within their practice area. They must effectively identify potential client engagements, qualify leads, and drive the business development process. They will write and submit project proposals, develop and deliver capability presentations, and respond to prospective client needs. They are responsible for developing intellectual thought leadership for the company and for enhancing their practice area within the firm. They are also responsible for building and enhancing existing client relationships and for overseeing client project teams as well as collaborating with other practice areas (commercial, medical affairs, Portfolio/BD&L).
This is a global search with wide latitude on location of hire as Putnam has offices across the US and London.
Responsibilities and measurements of success include but are not limited to:
- Cultivating trusted-partner client relationship, sourcing project opportunities and developing project proposals leading to revenue generation, with annual revenue generation target responsibility
- Firm and team leadership via project team leadership effectiveness, team coaching and mentoring, participation in positive firm culture building, and practice area leadership contributions
- Extensive project work planning and client engagement in support of project engagements that you source and guide
- Project delivery quality oversight, ensuring that methods utilized are appropriate, that insights, finding and drawn implications are on-target and actionable to guide our client’s strategies and tactics, that deliverables are high quality, evidence based and executive audience ready, that client service responsiveness is best-in-class, and that project timelines and resource utilization and budget objectives are met
- Development of internal best practices and methods to support continued Value, Pricing and Access Practice leadership and consistent high quality execution by our teams
- Development of thought leadership and participation in external facing activities to connect with industry and client networks and promote Putnam as leading team and go-to thought-partner
- Collaboration across the wider Inizio divisions and ecosystems, to ensure that we leverage our global and diverse resources and capabilities, our clients access best-in-class and connected solutions
Market Access projects support clients in the following areas:
- Early stage portfolio, asset and indication planning
- TPP evaluation, value proposition development and evidence planning
- Go-to-market pricing and market access strategy across all major geographies
- Contracting and tender strategy and supporting analytics
- Distribution and patient services strategies, as well as downstream reimbursement support planning
- Loss-of-exclusivity strategy
- Collaborating with our HEOR, RWE and HTA support professionals within the practice to bring evidence generation and scientific engagement capabilities to our clients, integrated with our market access strategy services
- And so much more!
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in project work planning and strategy development
- Working in a cross-functional team-based environment
- Demonstrated excellence during academic career (Post-graduate degree is preferred but not required)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in value, pricing, and market access within top-tier consulting firms or within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology manufacturer environment
- Experience in developing Value, Pricing and Access strategies and tactics across various client types and therapy areas, all geographical areas of experience and expertise welcome
- Track record, or demonstrated capability, of building trusted-partner client relationships and sourcing and maintaining a book of business
- A successful history of people and team management through mentorship, knowledge sharing, and leadership.
- Development of key insights into a compelling storyline and strategies
- Strategic planning
- Proven analytical capabilities, presentation skills, team management and detail orientation
- A strong team player with a desire to facilitate collaboration
- A clear desire to build bespoke solutions for clients, with an innovative mindset
What we offer
- Industry competitive salary and bonus package tied to individual, group, and firm performance
- Exceptional senior partner mentorship, leadership training and career development support
- Industry competitive benefits and with great attention to career sustainability
- Access to a broad ecosystem of collaboration partners, support structure and tools enabling professional enrichment and a dynamic, innovative and interesting work environment
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory company, is a leading scientific and strategic consulting partner that helps the global life science community make confident decisions, build value, and bring life-changing innovations to clinicians and patients. For more than 30 years, our rigorous, bespoke approach and globally diverse team have delivered unrivaled depth across therapeutic areas, business functions, geographic markets, healthcare sectors, and technology platforms to maximize the human impact and commercial success of client innovations.
We believe that to create real, lasting change on human health, we must bring out the best in our people, in every way and at every level. We offer a boutique-firm feel inside a global enterprise, opening the door to limitless opportunities to kickstart your career or hone your expertise. Built on the pillars of empowerment, collaboration, and meaning, we’re proud to offer a fulfilling environment where world-class advisors can come together to shape the future of healthcare for the better.
Serving the life sciences industry, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies, consistently ranked as one of the top consulting firms by Vault, and maintaining a true global team of experts with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents, we offer a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting our clients. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, Paris, and Newcastle – but for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Putnam Associates is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments and that this is not a finance opportunity.