We are seeking a dynamic and experienced market access expert to help shape our access strategy team.
Summary of Role
The purpose of this position is to manage projects related to Japan on market access and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) projects mainly by defining project methodologies, providing high-level expert knowledge, supervising work of research analysts and validating deliverables.
- Project Management:
- contribute to development of the methodology;
- supervise the execution of tasks by analysts and senior analysts;
- create outline of reports and presentations;
- detailed review of all deliverables;
- Communication with clients, local stakeholders and KOLs;
- Develop proposals including budget (under Manager review);
- Manage analysts and senior analysts;
- Pick-up & alert (issues on projects, trends, regulations);
- Accurate knowledge and use of Putnam PHMR procedures, including:
- participation in creation and keeping of internal documentation in the area of his/her activity,
- proposing corrective and preventive actions in order to eliminate the causes of arising or potential non-conformances;
- Keeping confidential any information relating to Putnam PHMR;
- The execution of other tasks ordered by the direct supervisor.
- Managing and delegating several projects in parallel;
- Advanced oral and written English language skills;
- Writing, communication skills (internal/external);
- Develop clear & concise PPT;
- Proactive & make proposals;
- Accuracy (precision);
- Able to challenge, analytical skills;
- Lead under supervision tasks, and define directions/solutions;
- Lead, manage and prioritise tasks and set direction and propose new/alternative solutions.
Requirements / performance dimensions:
- Preferably MSc or PhD in health economics, epidemiology or health sciences or equivalent experience and:
- Excellent knowledge of health policy including drug pricing and HTA systems;
- Deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the regulatory/access environment;
- Basic knowledge of market access and network with local healthcare system stakeholders (payers, policy makers, Health Technology Assessment Body, Regulators) and KOLs;
- Basic knowledge of HEOR methods;
- Native in Japanese and business communication in English;
- 4-5 years of experience in market access, HTA, and HEOR or related fields.
What we offer you!
- Competitive compensation packages
- Exceptional professional growth and promotion opportunities
- Working in a team-based environment on a global scale
- Leadership & Development programs at each key milestone
- Great benefits package
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory company, is a leading scientific and strategic consulting partner that helps the global life science community make confident decisions, build value, and bring life-changing innovations to clinicians and patients. For more than 30 years, our rigorous, bespoke approach and globally diverse team have delivered unrivaled depth across therapeutic areas, business functions, geographic markets, healthcare sectors, and technology platforms to maximize the human impact and commercial success of client innovations. Our Putnam PHMR team is part of our Value, Pricing and Access (VPA) practice area function, where our team members bring a breadth of knowledge across scientific and technical capabilities. We are a team of highly qualified HTA experts, health economists, and research scientists, helping clients to demonstrate and communicate value essential for pricing and market access success.
We believe that to create real, lasting change on human health, we must bring out the best in our people, in every way and at every level. We offer a boutique-firm feel inside a global enterprise, opening the door to limitless opportunities to kickstart your career or hone your expertise. Built on the pillars of empowerment, collaboration, and meaning, we’re proud to offer a fulfilling environment where world-class advisors can come together to shape the future of healthcare for the better.
Serving the life sciences industry, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies, consistently ranked as one of the top consulting firms by Vault, and maintaining a true global team of experts with 400+ team members sitting across 3 continents, we offer a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting our clients. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, Paris, and Newcastle – but for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
Don't meet every job requirement? That's okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.